IRN or QP?

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

ranechild

IRN or QP?

Post by ranechild »

Our Quaker Parrot Camo exhibits a charachteristic that some QP's have... to invariably make a "fwee-chimep" sound as they are flying. Everytime. Without fail. Flying=noise. It's a good thing, you always know when he's coming :)

Well, before we left on vacation, baby Fats (hatched on 3/11) had already gotten the come here whistle and the wolf whistle learned. We were away for a week and a half and now Fats is "fwee-chimeping". He does it really well, though you can tell it's him because it always comes from the same distance away :)

Yesterday afternoon he was "fwee-chimeping" up a storm for an an hour in the living room. I was in the kitchen making jam and all the sudden the "fwee-chimeping" was getting nearer. I was suprised when Camo flew in the room. Hilarious. Fats had me so fooled I didn't know when the original "fwee-chimeper" was at it!

This is going to be interesting :)
Jen&Bug

Re: IRN or QP?

Post by Jen&Bug »

That's hilarious! My IRN Bug imitates my sun conure, but (fortunately for us) can't get the ear-piercing scream exactly right...it's like he's speaking Conure with an IRN accent! :lol: