Talking

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

Talking

Post by InTheAir »

Nele is turning out to be a very enthusiastic talker! He seems to spend hours everyday chattering to himself and us.

The other evening he kept flying over to the blinds, which is discouraged. Every time he landed there I'd say 'uh ah' so he'd fly to the curtain rail and be told 'good boy'. He decided that was a good game to play so he took over with the vocalizations, on the blind he'd squawk then fly to the curtain rail and say 'good boy' then fly straight back to the blinds over and over.
I swear this bird gets cuter and funnier every day!
Jen&Bug

Re: Talking

Post by Jen&Bug »

I love it! What a clever little guy :P
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Very cute! I've always been surprised that mine don't learn to say "good girl" and "good boy" - they say other things (that only me and my hubby can understand) but never that!

I knew someone with a macaw who was being clicker trained. He would mimic the sounds of the clicker in the hope you'd give him a treat!

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hey Ellie,
It's funny what they pick up on. I've been saying 'want to come out' every time i take him out of his.cage.for months and I've never heard him say anything resembling it. He just makes Guinea pig noises when he wants out!

The macaw is onto it! That's so cute!