Why we named her Luna...

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

WickedOne

Why we named her Luna...

Post by WickedOne »

As I'm getting to know my baby girl Luna, I'm starting to see just how well her name fits her (named after the quirky Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, strong in heart and strange in an endearing way).
When I first met Luna we couldn't take our eyes off of each other and she started showing off in her cage at the shop, doing somersaults and showing her wingspan.
While holding her the other day as she was enjoying a peanut, she dropped it into my lap. I reached to grab it for her, but she had flipped over to be hanging upside down from my finger so she could grab it herself. Then she righted herself and went back to munching on her snack.
I was laughing so hard, and she didn't even seem phased by it. I know these birds do silly and adorable things like this, but this being my first ringneck and having had cockatiels for years, it took me by surprise.
If she keeps practicing she may get pretty good at it. I need to get one of those books on tricks for parrots...
evaleen

Re: Why we named her Luna...

Post by evaleen »

:lol: that dose sound a little like luna lovegood!
especially the part where she wasnt phased from your laughter! i wish you could have caught on video! :D
Eva
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

I wish I could have caught a picture or video of it, but she really doesn't like my cell phone and that was all I had on me at the time. :(
But, these are the things about her personality that made me fall in love with her in the first place.
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

now... if only she'd learn to say,
""me? the human transfiguration spell in The Quibler went wrong."

:lol:
Eva