Where is that noise coming from????

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Miss_Original

Where is that noise coming from????

Post by Miss_Original »

i did my grocery shopping today and as i was unpacking the tubs of fruit for the birds i could here this strange noise, it was as if someone was talking to me extremely quickly with no gaps between words. i turned around to look at Harrisons cage and he was laying inside his hammock on his back watching me but wasnt making a noise. i began to unpack the groceries again and AGAIN it started, this time i caught him..........He was on his back in his Hammock legs in the air talking to me......most of it didnt make sense but i could tell he said Paw Paw so i grabbed a piece of Paw Paw out of the bucket and showed him............He Went crazy shaking his toys all over and squealing, i gave him the piece of Paw Paw and he has sat quietly on his stand chewing away at it for about half and hour now.
I knew paw paw was his favourite treat but i didnt think he would ask for it lol!! :D
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.......... it sings because it has a song.
bec

Re: Where is that noise coming from????

Post by bec »

lol i love this!!!!!!!
brings back memories of my kieron ( dearly departed irn)demanding apples
& mutley(scaley breasted lori) anouncing the vulgar things he likes to do with strawberries
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

lol - may ask what his hammock looks like? my birds never lie on their back! Can you send us a pic?

Great story!

I am surprised how much language they seem to be able to understand.

Ellie.
bec

Post by bec »

ellie they never cease to amaze me with how much they understand
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Bec

My husband commented the other day that Charlie was looking a bit funny because his longest tail feather and fallen out in his moult. Now I know this might sound weird... but Charlie looked a bit affronted when he said that.... so I told him he looked great. The next day, Janey was missing her longest tail feather too - found it on the bottom of the cage. I really hope that wasn't a jealousy feather pull on Charlie's part!

I guess it was just a coincidence... but it does make you wonder!

Ellie.
bec

Post by bec »

hmmm did charlie look smug?
the wierdest day for me is when larrissa ( rikus pet kid) got home from hospital
i got home & helped her into bed ( shows how sick the 16 year old was hey?)
riku took one look at her and freaked!!!! he started dive boming her and pulling her hair to get her attention screaming contact calls in her ear & got worse if i went any where near larissa
in desperation i got online & posted a question within minutes a lovley lady answered (thanks donna) and told me to try explaining what was wrong and that larissa nedded sleep he stared at me intently (like he was trying to figure out if i was lying then promptly flew down to the head of the bed never taking hes eyes off her he let out a little croon the sat still silent and alert when she woke up he was so happy and smoochy with her
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Wow - that's a great story! It's quite amazing what they seem to understand.

Ellie.
bec

Post by bec »

and its not just the ringies either
mutley the lori has plenty of phrases he understands
like when he asks "wheres mutleys strawberry"
NEVER EVER say the are no strawberries
he throws a temper tantrum at that but if you say its not payday he will usually be fine with that................................
unless hes been hanging out with too many teenagers
then he replies with a heartfelt sigh and the words F___ my life!!!!!!
Miss_Original

Post by Miss_Original »

Hey guys,

Ellie his hammock is called a "Happy Hut" don't know if you have ever seen them but they are just a long triangular hammock..... the first time he did it he scared me half to death ( he dangles his head out the end ) he just looked totally limp. Now its a daily habit!!! :D
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.......... it sings because it has a song.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks for the info on the hammock. I have one of those but have never seen them lie on their back in it. That's really cool.