my new baby

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

ninisweeney

my new baby

Post by ninisweeney »

just got my indian ringneck he is about12 weeks old but he wont sit on your hand for long keeps flying away any hel and do you think i should get his wing clipped or not thanks nini
CalamariBaby

Re: my new baby

Post by CalamariBaby »

My baby was clipped when I got him and I believe it helps get them to trust and rely on you. It takes quite awhile for thier wings to molt and grow in so you have some time to work with them.
In the begining they always want to get back to their home so fo birdie time take him where he can't see his house or he will want to go there.
Now that Zazu is 15 months. He talks all day and if his cage is open I can't keep him off us.
Funny his new phrase is from "The Three Amigos". Steve Martin up on the wall. Zazu says, "LOOK UP HERE!" so funny.
Also since he flys after someone as soon as I open hes cage and walk away I turn around and say, Where'd he go. So now he also says, "Where'd he go?"

I love these birds they are so cool. 8)
Allie
ninisweeney

Post by ninisweeney »

thanks for the reply he will come and sit with and eat but when he finishes he will fly back to the cage so maybe i should get his wings clipped
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

hell yea. every Ringneck owner always talk about how unique these birds are. They are the best parrots. Beautiful, especially the yellow males.