New Members - Woolie and Bessy

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Wooliebird

New Members - Woolie and Bessy

Post by Wooliebird »

Hi to everyone from Australia. I just came across this site after looking up some information on Ringnecks. So here we are!!
I have an IRN female who is named Bessy. She is my beautiful baby girl and i absolutely love her to bits!! She was welcomed into our home just over a year ago after a work colleague was unable to care for her anymore, he was moving into a new residence and pets were not allowed so i happily took her in. At first she would give me her 'cranky' noise if i tried to put my hand near her and she would flap away from my hand if i got too close. It took some months but after feeding her daily and slowly interacting with her etc the day came where she actually let me give her 'tickles' around her neck/head area. I was immediately in love!!! :x She does this little mating dance now every time i give her tickles haha, i say to her 'tickle tickle Bessy' and she gets down low and starts clucking lol. :)) She sits on my shoulder while i walk around and clean and she loves to sit on my shoulder and arm when i prepare dinner :lol: So i look forward to learning lots and sharing pics of my girl with all of you. :ympeace: