Newbie from Australia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Weena

Newbie from Australia

Post by Weena »

Hi guys,

This is my first post and boy do I have a lot to learn. My husband and I purchased a pair of Ringsnecks a few months ago. We did heaps of research into feeding and behavior but these two birds are not what we expected, so I suppose I still have a lot of reading to do here. Today the female attacked the male so bad that he was in shock and bleeding. We have separated them in the hope that the poor boy can recuperate, but I doubt we will be able to put them back together again. So sad to see him in such a state
#-o

Weena
sanjays mummi

Re: Newbie from Australia

Post by sanjays mummi »

I am so sorry to hear this. I am bound to wonder if they are male and female, or both the same gender. I am not qualified or experienced, just the owner of one, but my grandfather kept chickens, and generally two cockerels would fight to the death. Unfortunately very few experienced people are on this site anymore, it's been spammed too much. I hope you can find the answer, but my first thought was two males.
Weena

Re: Newbie from Australia

Post by Weena »

That can't be because the females don't have the ring around their neck. She is definitely female, and she did nearly kill the male. We have decided to give the female away because we only have one parrot cadge and we just can't risk the male getting harmed again.

It's sad to think that this forum is not active.

Weena