KIKO & TIKI

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Sheils

KIKO & TIKI

Post by Sheils »

Hi please advise if i am feeding my parrots correctly, firstly i would like to introduce my 2 loved ones, I have Kiko one year blue mutation male which I hand fed from baby and then I have Tiki green Indian ringneck one year and 6 months that I got from someone who just didn't want her any more, she was kept in a closed cage all her life, from the day I got her I let her out and clipped her wings( please don't judge me for doing that) she was very very wild but for the start I opened her cage so that she could be free, and also to start interacting with Kiko, she was on a sunflower diet only it took me hours and hours to get Tiki to get use to me being around and to let go of her wild ways. Kiko was on pellets and fruit diet, I decided to change their diet to a more healthier one, I started with a 4 in one soup mix that I cook and added cooked veg like broccoli, sweet potato, butternut carrots squash, corn etc and also added greens like kyle, spinach, parsley and some herbs. From day one they loved it. I some times change the veggies. I make batches that will last me for a week, in the morning I will add fresh fruit like their favorite strawberries, apple, guava, orange or what ever fruit I have but only give them 2 fruits mixed with the chop, what i want to know is I top it of with a seed mix like budgie seed mix, sesame seeds, canary seed mix and some other seeds all mixed together, I sprinkle a tbsp seed mix over their chop every day. Is it okay for me to do that or do you think the seeds are to fatty to give every day? They are both very healthy and Tiki is on her first big molt, she is still very wild but I do interact a lot with her. She is also learning from Kiko as she could never keep something without letting it fall but she is getting the hang of it now she allows me to walk pass her without her being scared and she is also starting to take food from me. I know it will still take a long time maybe never for her to step up to me but it's worth the while waiting. I would also like to ask if I can give the sweet potato and butternut raw as they seem to love it but I always cook the veggies. Thank you so much for your time, your feedback will be much appreciated.