New owner

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Cloversmum

New owner

Post by Cloversmum »

Good evening, I'm new to owning a Ringneck. I only bought her on Saturday. She's about 16 weeks old but not tame at all. I've been reading quite a lot about them and most of it is very negative. I'm hoping for some positive advice and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Debbie and Clover :D
Ilikebirds

Re: New owner

Post by Ilikebirds »

:D hey I am also a new owner of two ringnecks. Mine are a pair of aviary birds. Female is blue and male is grey.
sanjays mummi

Re: New owner

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hi and welcome. Personally I would ignore the negatives, it's all about your approach and your birds reaction to it.
If you put yourself in a position where you will get bitten, you Will get bitten!, my bird was aviary hatched and parent reared, and she is the sweetest little pal eight years later. As for "bluffing", I had No experience of this. You need tons of patience, and keep your expectations realistic, my bird does Not step up, and isn't at all keen on riding around on my shoulder, she tried it once or twice, but not since. Apart from the occasional sing song,she isn't noisy,
I live in a flat, and my neighbours have never had reason to complain.
I hope you have many happy years together.