Introducing myself

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Jacss173

Introducing myself

Post by Jacss173 »

Hi my name is Jacki I'm from manchester UK ,I have three ring necks ,I have been an owner 12 months ,I started with a blue rung female she is three very friendly likes kisses and interaction but won't allow strokes or cuddles ,she mimicked and says a few things ,her favourite food is def sweet corn and grapes ,and she lives in my bedroom as she dislikes my other two birds ,the other two are an albino and a female that's pale green head yellow body darker green wings ,I am pushing my hubs for an aivery for day time use only
Olly446

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Olly446 »

Hi my name is Waffa my son suffered from depression
After moving homes so we got him a grey Indian ringneck
Who he called olly he was to scared to feed him so I took that role he turned 1, 2 months ago he talks knows 4
Family names and when's his playing with them or there
Leaving or coming homes he calls them by there name
I'm writing this because when we first got him we used this forum to get help just by reading people's notes.
Our bird got his wings and 2 days later flew of my husband
Shoulder and into a tree we found him but while the firefighters helped to bring him down he got spooked and went to anther tree . I found him and decided not to do anything but wait for my son I know our bird olly tried to come to me because he was walking as much as he could to clime down his never flown so didn't know how to fly to me . I left him for an hour because I couldn't sit in my neighbours yard I didn't know them very well sadly he went missing but I truely believe his been taken . I heard
Him call my daughter name then silence followed when I called him . Both my son and I were very sick with the flu
We didn't think straight otherwise we could have found a way to get him . My son was hospitalised but is fine now
We are learning to live without him . But I would like to
Tell people that we have 7 family member and he hated 2
They don't just pick 1 person to love but I did see the olly struggle at first but then accepted loving us . He I assume
Was a male because he would do a dance and end his dance with a kiss for us . Here are a few things we learnt
Chocolate didn't. Kill him loved it but gave him diarrear
Loved pencils but we tried very hard to get my 9 year old not to leave any on the floor lol his poo would become coloured , loved eating rice hot chips not mash and ice blocks we couldn't eat in front of him he would want to eat whatever we eat he didn't get caged only when he started to bite but 2 hours in the cage he would come out
Out well behaved . They can be toilet trained ours only did it on the hardwood floor but that was ok with me because he was never caged .not all ringneck love baths
And he loved the window yet we would force him to go outside he was scared to stand on grass he would react like it was hot sand anyway I thought I would never bring anther bird home but my friend has just bought one
And looking into his little face I think next breeding season I will introduce my new bird . If you treat them like a child they act like one thank you for this forum
It helped me deal with my loss and raise a wonderful
Bird who I miss dearly
marthawilson710

Post by marthawilson710 »

Hihi
I've just gotten a new IRN of the lavender persuasion, she's so pretty. She's no. 5 in my flock, the dream is real :D
My future plans are to breed IRNs so I'm learning (read as attempting to learn) about colour mutations/genetics.
My others are
GCC - Misha (Yellow-sided)
GCC - Guapo (Cinnamon)
Alex - Nimbus IRN - Nero (Turquoise)
IRN - 'my mum can't choose a name' (Lavender)
PS - If anyone can science what a Turquoise x Lavender would produce I'll love you.
The turquoise was bred from a Turquoise x Blue
The Lavender was bred from a Violet x Lilac
I don't know if you need the above info but I've read there's recessive genes and splits (maybe the same thing).... yeah I'm new, please be nice :-)
Susannah

Post by Susannah »

Hi Martha,

Great that you have a new IRN...we have just bought our first, a light, silver blue...I don't believe this forum is in use anymore - it has a huge amount of 'shoe' adds /:) ...I am looking for a new, current forum...good luck with your new girl. :)

Susannah
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Hello ladies!, some of us are still lurking in the forum!.
If more of us posted, maybe the spam would abate, I've complained to mods about it countless times..
Lavinia for the purple hen?. Anyway, :-bd welcome.