Introducing myself

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Akraya

Introducing myself

Post by Akraya »

Hihi
I've just gotten a new IRN of the lavender persuasion, she's so pretty. She's no. 5 in my flock, the dream is real :D

My future plans are to breed IRNs so I'm learning (read as attempting to learn) about colour mutations/genetics.
My others are
GCC - Misha (Yellow-sided)
GCC - Guapo (Cinnamon)
Alex - Nimbus
IRN - Nero (Turquoise)
IRN - 'my mum can't choose a name' (Lavender)

PS - If anyone can science what a Turquoise x Lavender would produce I'll love you.

The turquoise was bred from a Turquoise x Blue
The Lavender was bred from a Violet x Lilac
I don't know if you need the above info but I've read there's recessive genes and splits (maybe the same thing).... yeah I'm new, please be nice :-)
aprilrussell

Re: Introducing myself

Post by aprilrussell »

I've had birds in my life for 25 years. But I always wanted an IRN. I waited until I had room in my house and my life for another bird. My others had passed away. Then I searched in ernest for a baby IRN. I found a little blue boy about 2 years ago. I named him Ely.
I don't believe in keeping just one bird so I also found a male lovebird who needed a home. The lovebird is named Finnegan, but we call him Finn.
They hang out together; it is really cute to see.
I would like to get another IRN and probably another lovebird. So I am looking around for another IRN now.
I lost my dog recently and I decided that I would stay with birds. So now my life is such that I have the time to add one or two more to my flock.
I will never have more than I can care properly for. I think that 3 or 4 is my limit.
I will also not get a big bird at this stage of my life. I have had the macaws and greys, but now I really enjoy the smaller birds.
That is my story. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning your story
juegos friv gratis, free run 3 online