Hi!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Nimbose

Hi!

Post by Nimbose »

I actually made this account around a year ago (before getting my bird), but for some reason the activation email refused to send at the time despite multiple attempts... BUT NOW IT HAS. YAY.

Anyway- Hello! My name's Alex. I'm in Wales and I have one Indian Ringneck- blue and assumed female, named Sunny. She's just over a year old and her hatchday is the 9th of May. 8)

She's my first bird- though I've had experience with them beforehand. Of course, looking after a cockatiel for a year is quite different than owning a parakeet- but everything is going well! She's quite nippy- but not out of anger. Sometimes she has a funny five minutes and tends to just latch onto whatever is within reach- usually my ear and piercings... She likes to be stroked- but at the same time she tries to bite you so you've got to really watch her body language to avoid getting a lovebite!

She's a flirtatious monster, too. Always clucking away at me as well as regurgitating... Though she also does that to strange objects like the lock mechanism on her cage, specifically left ears or the squirt bottle. Silly baby often does the male version of flirting too- but mostly it's the female way.

SHE BOTH LOVES AND HATES RUBBER DUCKS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY. I've got a container full of squeaky toys- but ducks seem to be her prime target for having a tantrum and throwing them onto the floor... But at the same time, if I hold it up, she'll do a trick I've taught her (usually spinning or waving her foot) to ask for it? WEIRD BIRD.

She's not very good at speaking despite her age, but she has learned to whistle the sound some some phrases. She knows 'Hi Sunny/Baby', 'What'cha doin'?' and 'Tickle tickle'... My mother taught her to wolf whistle, too. PFFT.

ONTO PHOTOS.

This is her when I picked her out at the breeder's house;

Her clutch with their big brother, Digger;

And this is her now, more or less! Her ring is getting a teensy bit darker, but there's no certain proof of her gender just yet;

I love my feather child. <3