Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

terry75

Post by terry75 »

Hiya my names Terry and I'm newby. I've got an Indian ring neck who is currently around 15 months old. When I first purchased him around 6months old he was very nervous and evil lol. We've come along way with him but are at a stand still... Basically when I got him he was frightened to death and would bite causing my hands to be full of bites and brusing. Now we're in a routine every morning he waits for breakfast which is always fruit or veg, I go to work leaving on a bird talking cd for him. As soon as I come home from work he's waiting at is door to come out and he flys freely mainly sitting on my curtain pole, soon as it's bedtime I tell him bed and he flys to his cage were I then get his perch and he steps on and I but him in his cage, that's as far as I can get, I've tried him in a small room flying round trying to get him on my hand and he will eventually when he's really tired and panting but then he's back to normal, I've tried catching him in a towel and cuddling him, stroking him and he screams trying to attack me but after 10mins he calms down and quite enjoys the head rub, but still I'm struggling with him. He is spoilt I'm always buying different toys and treats and changing them so he doesn't get bored. I want a cuddly bird that lets me stroke him n sits with me.... Help any advice helpful.
I say he's a boy but we don't really know. He's also not saying anything what age do they usually start talking
Omnipatty

Re: Newbie

Post by Omnipatty »

From what I've heard most IRN's are not cuddly but love to be on your shoulder however remember every bird is different. Keep up the good work. Keep talking :) he/she will pick it up.