New and First time Ringneck owner

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Kikkinu

New and First time Ringneck owner

Post by Kikkinu »

Hi all

I am Chris and coming from Malta. I am a fairly experienced bird keeper, starting on Budgies (now i got a flock of 10), than got Cockatiels (currently have 2), than it went to Kakarikis(they all passed the rainbow bridge :( ), than I got 2 Rosellas and finally 3 days ago added a Ringneck. All my birds came from adoptions. Unfortunately in Malta alot of people buy and they're not sure what they're in for.

The draw back of adopting is basically it's hard to tame, especially if they've been in aviaries or used as a breeding pair, until last weekend I got lucky I guess. A friend of mine has a pair of Ringnecks with 3 Chicks and one fell out of the box. For 2 days it say at the bottom of the cage, but the parents stopped feeding it and when we attempted to put him back in the box, the female got really aggressive.

For fear he will be harmed, I adopted the Chick and have been hand feeding him for the last 3 days.

And here I am :D
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: New and First time Ringneck owner

Post by ringneck »

Reply coming soon! Have to be at a birthday party! :OP Welcome to the family!!!

Best wishes,

IMRAN-C
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hello Chris,

Sorry for the late reply as I've been super busy! #:-s

First of all, let me welcome you to our little space on the net. I can honestly say we have the most amazing ringneck family here! Though at times our forum might become slow, it usually picks up during the breeding season as many new owners come to this forum looking for answers about ringneck keeping.

Second of all, it's a good thing the ringneck baby got to you in time! It's like you are the birds guardian angel! Sometimes we don't know why mothers abandon their babies and we can try and rack our brains but the answer often eludes us. Nevertheless, I know the baby is in good hands now and the truth is you're in for an amazing treat for the next 20 or 30 years. :))

I know I personally cannot imagine life without my birds! Every time I greet them in the morning I'm like a child in a candy shop. :p In my eyes, these birds are the most fascinating creatures to ever walk this earth, or should I say fly this earth! :))

Again, welcome to our family and we look forward to future posts and photos. Did you decide on a name for your bird yet?

Best wishes, ;)

IMRAN-C
Omnipatty

Post by Omnipatty »

Welcome! Good thing this baby has you. Once pushed out of the nest parents won't normally accept them back :(
This one should be good and tame as your getting to hand feed :)