Hi from Tynong Nth

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

LunasMama

Hi from Tynong Nth

Post by LunasMama »

Hi guys, I've been having a read around here today and thought I'd make a profile and introduce myself.
My names Julie and I've just recently adopted an IRN hen that we've named Luna. She's apparently approximately 3-4 years old and we've had her since the end of July. We originally got her for my husband but she chose me, and we've bonded pretty quickly.
Luna is OBSESSED with balls, to the point that she doesn't even use the top 2/3rds of her cage because she's always on the floor playing with her balls. She's very very smoochy, and a little hormonal at the moment I think, as soon as I touch her she starts clucking and presenting (...). She's very sweet though, pretty quiet most of the time though she can say hello and makes some very cute noises when she's got something new that she's excited about.
Looking forward to getting to know you guys and learning more about my baby, we also have 2 green cheek conures and a cockatiel (and currently 4 baby green cheek conures almost ready to go to their new homes), but we're new to IRNs.
AJPeter

Re: Hi from Tynong Nth

Post by AJPeter »

Hallo Luna's mum, eggs will be your nezt problem, l have an Alexandrine hen about 5 years old she laid 6 eggs in January but because of breakages only sat on 4 l took them away after 28 days and she laid another 5 in June but was not interested in stitting on them so l took those away, and she laid 4 again in September, l bought dummy eggs made of chalk but she quickly realised she would whittle these down. I have just taken delivery of 8 plastic eggs from China cost £3.99 with delivery included and l am looking forwad to putting 5 in her nesting box as soon as she lays again.