new to this site.

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

CHRISFAR33

new to this site.

Post by CHRISFAR33 »

Hi, my name is Chris from New Zealand , we are first time owners to our beautiful IRN Green Slim Jim (male) and a yellow Miki (which we think is a female) they are both 2 years old. Look forward to having contact with IRN members.
AJPeter

Re: new to this site.

Post by AJPeter »

Just find a topic that interest you and join in, l have an Alexandrine hen called Billie and we live in Birmingham England.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Welcome to our wonderful ringneck family! :wink:

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
boidgal

Post by boidgal »

Hi all. My name is Nanette and I live in the SF Bay Area in the USA. I've had my little green IRN, Chupee, for about 15 months. Like all of my birds have been, Chupee is a "used bird" and I don't know a whole lot about his past. He cries like a baby, so either there was a baby on one of his homes, or someone taught him to cry like one. My neighbors sold him to me after his mate died. The husband loved the female, but didn't realize the constant attention heaped on her -- she was very friendly and loved to be handled -- made Chupee jealous. Chupee didn't like him to touch him and bit his neck one time too many. Fine with me because I love my little Choo-Choo and Chupee is IN LOVE with me. But only in an appropriate way. He gets very excited when I spend time with him "playing drums." (More on that in another thread later.) He loves his toys and definitely has his favorites. He mostly talks in the morning and at dusk, typical bird behavior. He hasn't learned any words from me, but he does talk VERY clearly, "Pretty bird," "Hello," "What's up," baby crying, wolf whistles, etc. I've been trying to teach him "Good boy Chupee" and "Choo-Choo" but I will have to read some of the other threads to see why he doesn't seem to learn any new words, just tries to whistle the "Popeye" song and some other little tunes I eke out. I hope to learn more here to teach Choo-Choo things to increase his happiness, although he seems very happy right now.
Thanks for adding me,
Nanette