Hi from NSW south coast I breed pied ringnecks

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Bay n basin parrots

Hi from NSW south coast I breed pied ringnecks

Post by Bay n basin parrots »

Hi everyone, I am Sarah I am from St Georges basin NSW a bit south of Nowra I have been breeding Indian ringnecks and other birds for several years I started breeding pied series a few years ago I don't have many birds right now I have only one foundation cock birds from a breeder in Sydney Amaroo Aviaries and I bred a nice blue pied out of him and the blue hen last year and I have some babies right now looks like 2 are green pied out of 4 and a normal green and blue chic just waiting to see a bit more of the blue to be sure it isn't also pied. My pair just went back to the box hopefully for round 2!
I also have some turquoise I am still learning about genetics so I will probably have a lot of questions for the mutations forum hope noone minds me :mrgreen: I will get some pics of my birds up soon :) I also handrear some for pets sadly my blue hen is a shocking mother so the last 2 years i have had to handraise every chic from the eggs and hatch some in the incubator. I also have a young Alexandrine pair no chics this year hoping for next, budgies and chinese silkie chickens.

I have been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to join I don't know any other breeders into mutations.