hello from washington state USA

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

shadnamber

hello from washington state USA

Post by shadnamber »

I get to bring home my 1st IRN at the end of April. My daughter has already named him Tuki which is funny since I haven't even seen the bird yet. We also have a chihuahua named Monkey-butt, so I guess this is an improvement in names. (this is what you get when you let your 4 yr. old name the dog) Very excited about our new addition. I found a wonderful local breeder who has promised to hand-feed and hand pick a little boy out for me. She feels confident she can determine by color the sex of the bird, but even if I get a girl, no worries. :P I will of course post pics. when I finally get some. It's almost like being pregnant and waiting on your due date. lol I hate waiting! And I just wanted to give a quick shout out to all the smart people on the forum who have already given me so much help and info. You're all wonderful! Pics. when I get 'em.
My Motto in life is simple, If it's empty- fill it. If it's full-empty it. If it itches-scratch it!
munchies folks

Re: hello from washington state USA

Post by munchies folks »

hi and welcome! make sure to post pics once you bring your new feathered baby home!
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Welcome glad you joined us. there is tons of info here for you.
good luck with your new baby. your breeder has a 50/50 chance of picking a male anyways. there is no way other than DNA or waiting till they are 2yrs old to see if a ring deleveops. either way you will have a gorgeous bird.
mine is 18 month old female and she seems to be very sweet but i have only had her a week now. won't let me handle her yet.
can wait for pics of your fid :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome, Shadnamber.

hahaha at letting your 4 yo name pets. Bet you get a few strange looks when calling the dog!! :lol: :lol:

Your breeder may be able to nest sex the chicks by colour depending on the mutations the parents are.
One of my breeding pairs had 2 white chicks and one grey. Both white chicks are definite girls without me even having to sex them as the parents colouring has determined this. :)

Congats on your new soon-2-be bubby......I hate the waiting game. :roll:
shadnamber

Post by shadnamber »

so the update is the clutch has 2 green boys and 1 cinnamon girl. This is just what I was told, I have no personal experience with breeding birds. :) Also, they are already 3 weeks old, so that means I get to bring him home a little sooner than I had originally thought! Bonus! ( a week is a long time when you hate waiting like I do!) if for some reason these birds don't want to be pets but instead want to be breeders, bird personality and all that, I will keep waiting for the perfect match. Also, I was told there is a bird show for IRN's and other creatures in Chehalis, WA. April 7-10th if any locals are interested. Free Admission. Called Creature-Fest.
My Motto in life is simple, If it's empty- fill it. If it's full-empty it. If it itches-scratch it!