Want to get into Indian Ringnecks? Australia only.

Moderator: Mods

Fah

Want to get into Indian Ringnecks? Australia only.

Post by Fah »

Heya all,

Scaling back my regular birds collection. All normal mutation adults are sold and I have several 2007 bonded pairs and 2007/2008 single young available.

I am *sadly* stepping out of the regular muation Ringnecks (due to other parrot commitments) and focusing on my other Ringnecks.

Cinnamons and splits (various colours / sexes)
Turquoise (various colours / sexes)
Creamino (hens only left, extremely strong coloured birds, none of this dirty white stuff, minimal white mix in the yellow, pure white tail and flights)
Very few split ino's left at this time.

I also have limited supplies of Pure Blue and Pure Turquoise Blue (guarantee no splits that means)

I do not like advertising here, however I am looking to house them into private breeders before I let these gorgeous things go into the pet trade stores. Adelaide, SA.

PM for email / phone details and what you are after.

I can freight.

Cheers,
Fah
Jim

Post by Jim »

As if I needed any further temptation to move to Australia... :D

Good luck with those guys.

Jim
October is National Tagline Awareness Month
Fah

Post by Fah »

Cheers,

Yah, only have a few pairs left now and just a handful of girls / cocks left. Started with 8 pairs and 7 young, just 3 pairs and 2 young left.

Its always sad to see birds go (especially ones you were not expecting to need to find a home for) but i am by far giving up the ghost with IRN's.

I have just focused on blue / turquoise blue and creamino's for the normal types. Going to focus on things like violets / cobalts / cleartails, maybe look at pieds but i doubt i will get into pieds atm... their prices are rather far too high to stay that high for long... the mutation is easy to breed with, and now at least 4 well known breeders have strong blood lines of the little fellas.
Razsringnecks

Post by Razsringnecks »

Hey Fah,
I'm with you.... :D
Love ringnecks and the newer mutations....Violet I think, I will always have just because of the fantastic color.
Then you can not beat the tail bird...... :D so much more to come too when you start getting into stuff like cobalt violet and double factors.
I am on the fence at the moment about the pieds as they just don't do it for me. I think next season they will come back some way on price.

Best of luck with the few birds you have left to sell. :P
TD

Post by TD »

If I had more space I would definitely make an offer for a Creamino Fah, love that colour.
Fah

Post by Fah »

They are quite stunning indeed. I have a pet creamino and a pet lutino. Addicted to the yellow in the larger birds and find the creamino's just incredible.. dont know any other bird with that curious blend of white and yellow.
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

Fah,

do you have any photos of some of your animals or know of a link to a site with some of these new mutations. i have done a google search for IRN mutations but i do not get much of anything.

thank you - robin
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

oh wait i found on decent link. but if you have any photos of yours that would be quite nice as well ;)
Fah

Post by Fah »

One of my age old favourites is this site:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... aWorld.htm

Just click the IRN (second from the left :P) and it comes up with a very informative page, which down the bottom has a link for "Mutations". This is where all the wonderful types of IRN are hidden.

You will generally find some reluctance from breeders to post pics of things they have due to theft issues. Security is a big thing. People dont get so interested in your location if you talk about them, however once they know exactly what you have and where it is, its another issue.

I have also had others use pictures that I had taken of my birds to advertise false sales of birds they actually didnt have. That is why I now watermark all my pics across the body of the bird with my name.

We know a guy in NSW who just lost and recovered over $50k worth of birds (approx 15-20 birds) due to lack of security and being a little too eager to show his flock off.
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

i understand that very well. it is the same in the reptile business. some snakes are priced at 50,000 or more and people are reluctant to release their facility info. MAYbe photos but only one or two very heavily copyrighted images.
Fah

Post by Fah »

Awww well, only one 2007 bred boy left, turquoise grey split cinnamon

Thanks for all who enquired.
Razsringnecks

Post by Razsringnecks »

Well done Fah,
Nice to see you moved your birds.....however I know you will miss them alittle :?