3 Weeks Old Ringneck!!! need help of Experienced breeder

Moderator: Mods

Umer_Ahmed

3 Weeks Old Ringneck!!! need help of Experienced breeder

Post by Umer_Ahmed »

Hello,
I have a friend who previously had 10 to 12 pairs of ring necks, but now he gave them all away except for one (the first he had, which are not TAMED) because of his new job in Australia. So now his Parrots have given eggs and they have hatched, so he asked me to keep 'em, but i never raised very young parrots, so i am not sure when to separate them from there parents, and at the same time get those babies to not get wild and very hard to tame, because there is no formula available in my city and ebay and amazon do not ship in Pakistan. So please tell me that when to separate them from there there parents, so they can eat normal bird food or soft foods other then the formula, and at the same time not make them to wild or hard to Tame!!!

Thanks In Advance.

Umer Ahmed,
Karachi, Pakistan.
MissK

Re: 3 Weeks Old Ringneck!!! need help of Experienced breeder

Post by MissK »

Hi. I'm sorry I don't have the experience to help you. I think the very best thing you can do is let those parent birds raise the babies without interference from humans. Maybe someone else can advise you how to get the babies used to humans. If not, then perhaps you can use the same methods we use with older birds, which are to spend time near them so they see you are not a threat, speak gently to them, offer them food by hand once they can eat it. I hope you enjoy seeing them grow up.
-MissK
Donovan

Re: 3 Weeks Old Ringneck!!! need help of Experienced breeder

Post by Donovan »

Since you have no experience with baby ringnecks then let the parents do the work. They know what they're doing.

I have no experience either, but if it were me I might do lots of research and let the parents feed the babies but do a little feeding myself.

You can hurt or kill babies if done improperly so I stress the need to do your homework before you attempt to feed anything.