are my IRNs ready to mate

Moderator: Mods

juliejay

are my IRNs ready to mate

Post by juliejay »

Hi all,

I have a boy and a girl in 1 cage she seems to be very interested in him, she is the one doing the weird dance and she prunes him and follows him everywhere, he has no interest at the moment, do the females do this or is my girl IRN really a boy.. they r 2 years old and she looks like a girl and he is defenatly a boy with his features.. Iv never breed IRNs and im getting confused.. does the girl teach the boy usually beacuse she is trying to get on his back.. I have a nesting box in there cage and wood chips ect, she looks in it all the time..do u think Im expecting baby IRNs ... fingers crossed... Iv been on the computer looking for answers on behaviour but cant seem to find anything.. hope someone can advise me;;;
thanks in advance

Julie

sydney :idea: :idea:
mikeb

Re: are my IRNs ready to mate

Post by mikeb »

sounds like you have the sexes backwards or you have 2 males females don't mount the male
juliejay

Post by juliejay »

Hi guys,

the one I think is the boy has the very dark ring on him just like the pic ontop of this webpage the girl does not have the same ring.. thats why I thought she was the girl , yes I didnt think the girl was the one too try and jump on his back... maybe I should get them DNA tested.. they are both green and r both different looking..maybe the girl is confused she isnt a she ..u can tell male from female cant u.. male has the dark ring and is pretty and girl just a pale mark around neck...

thanks for your help guys

julie :!: :?: :!:
juliejay

Post by juliejay »

wow really confused now hahahaha, looked up on this web site ,sexing and they have pics of the male and female ,, he looks like him and she looks like her...both green both the same.. jeeeeeeeeeeeze.. the big question I have is it possible the girl could be the boy and doesn't have the ring...
juliejay

Post by juliejay »

wow thanks molossus

I think u might be on the right track, the boy is just what u said and the so called girl has nothing yet, I haven't had her for long so I didn't know it doesn't show till they were 2,1/2... guess no breeding for me this year .. shame cause they so do love each other... My blue one is 8mths and she/he doesn't get on with either or the green ones , but she is my baby had her since a few weeks old..hopefully one day we will have lots of babies in my house and keep them all.. heheheh thanks so much for your advise , ill let u know if anything happens other than my birds r *** :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: hahahahaha..

cheers

Julie

Sydney