baby irn not eating

Moderator: Mods

angela74

baby irn not eating

Post by angela74 »

hi my baby irn is 7 weeks old tomorrow and has started to refuse his feeds. fe was being fed in the morning and at nitght but i have removed his morning feed and placed seed and vegies in there instead (have been doing this for a week ) but today he doesnt want his night time feed i dont want him too starve and dont want to force him either im not sure if he is getting enough seed and ideas would be great from angela
SCB -SA

Re: baby irn not eating

Post by SCB -SA »

have you tried nice warm tasty veggie bits? or try him with fruit and other things you know he really enjoys - if he was really hungry he will acept his evening feed, but if he doesnt, dont stress he wont starve over night, and make sure you offer him a feed in the morning again, he will soon gobble up his breakfast if he didnt eat in the evening and is hungry, i would say if this goes on for days and days thou you will have to speak to a vet/ breeder about what to do...
julie

Post by julie »

mix in some baby food ie apple,pumpkin and sweet corn ect. I have egg and biscuit mix,pellets and chopped apples in for mine at the moment.
angela74

Post by angela74 »

thanks for your answers this morning i placed warm mashed veg fruit and seed in his cage and he ate will keep an eye on how much he eats through the day and will try again tonight but i have decided that he will eat if he is hungry from angela
julie

Post by julie »

I have noticed mine eat more if they arent in the cage, i put them in a puppy pen and they seem to eat off a plate on the floor rather than eating from a bowl :roll: little buggers are going to have to eat from food bowl soon.