Kiwi, our new addition :)

Moderator: Mods

charlie

Kiwi, our new addition :)

Post by charlie »

Here are a few pictures of my new baby, Kiwi. We have only had her since thursday night, but she settled in straight away and it feels like we've had her for ages. She is deffinatly not shy!

This is her first time sat on my hand in her new home friday morning so she was a bit unsure.

Here she is trying to pinch Reece's breakfast. She loves food, and always wants to try whatever we're having. She is not fussy.

Kiwi sat on Reece. They seem to get on really well, although Reece can sometimes get a bit bouncy and forget that Kiwi is still not 100% with us all.

And the last one, for now! Just of her sat on my lap I was trying to get a picture of her colour properly as I wanted to know what colour she was? I don't think she's a normal green. Her head is slightly lighter/yellower than the rest of her body. Her wings and back are a dark green, her flight feathers and tail feathers are almost black, but the undersides are almost yellow, and her stomache is a lighter green too.
Shane7285

Re: Kiwi, our new addition :)

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi there,

looks like a nice bird you have there. In regards to the colour, I think she looks like an olive ringneck. not sure on the correct terminology for that, but that is the common name.

Regards

Shane
bec

Post by bec »

she definitly a gorgeous olive green !!!!
jeannier

Post by jeannier »

Welcome to your new bird. She is a good looking Olive Green! My female is also named Kiwi! :P
Jeannie
charlie

Post by charlie »

Thank you all for your replies. I didn't think she was a normal green, but thought I'd check. I say she, but we don't know yet if Kiwi is a boy or girl. She is so funny and keeps us amused for hours at night. She has also started chattering at nights, and she doesn't shut up as she loves the attention it gets her :) My OH said that he would've prefered one a different colour, so there may well be more coming, but we'll wait first to see how we cope with the bluffing stage! :)
DivineDomain

Post by DivineDomain »

Stunning! This is the first time I've seen a IRN that color.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

hey charlie,

Kiwi is such a cute little girl--may i use her photo for the mutations section of the web page? I'll give you full credit:o) Hope to hear back from you my friend! :wink:

Wishing you the best,

IMRAN C.