"Twilight"

Moderator: Mods

paintsn

"Twilight"

Post by paintsn »

well i waited a long while till getting another one.. still dwelling as always on a lost loved one..

but here is our new addition to our family.. was told it was a male when we bought it from a breeder.. but anyhow it doesnt matter what the sex is.. we have this one for almost 10 mos now..

well sure love having irn in life again.. felt there was a whole when our last one passed away so young.

here are some pics of him or her..ahhaha "twilight"

i really didnt wanna post him up till all his feathers are recovered.. all birds has their personalities.. and this one does have one too.. he sure got a mind of his own..but comparing from my other birds..this one is very obedient, very well behave and calm..

but sad part is that his breeder (actually) the breeder's 5 yrs old son did the trimming of the feather and had part of the feather on the head cut off too.. currently im trying to pluck lil by lil and get all the feathers growing back nicely..

but anyhow this is how he looks.

Meet "Twilight"

a few months when we got him.. not bad with a camera phone

weird translucent design i see on the feathers, breeder stated its a lace wings.. cant really see all the blue on him with the camera.. but may come out better later.

and here he is now.. he basically goes where ever my lil son goes.. for he takes care of him

here is a pic of where the breedr's son messed up on the clipping.

showing off the tail.. when we got him.. he only had one long strand of tail.. now they are growing nicely..

hope to learn more as time flys from this irn and the forum.
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: "Twilight"

Post by ringneck »

Wow, welcome and such a wonderful little fella you got there! I love the color of him! He is quite the showman / showwoman! Aw, don't worry about pulling any feathers out as they will grow back after a molt! Just enjoy him how he is now—as this will be the only way he’ll look like that! I promise in no time he'll look really pretty. Again, such a beautiful specimen!

Thank you for sharing! :D

IMRAN
paintsn

Post by paintsn »

thanks for the sincere comments ringneck!

yeah bout the feather part..its growing out pretty well.. except that of his wings.. one problem he has is that when some grows back..before they fully grow out.. he sometimes bite and snip them off!! it bothers me at times.. cuz you be seeing blood on the wings..and now.. his right side all except 3 feathers are fully grown... and left looks like its missing bout 5 more.. and these are the longer ones on the wings.. it was clipped by the breeder.. but i plan to have him keep all his feathers..
Pounamu

Post by Pounamu »

Off topic: I see you have a cichlid on your avatar, have you got some? I would be keen to see a pic of your tank if you do.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Your IRN is beautiful!

I know the avatar picture is a drawing, but it looks like a flowerhorn :)
I have one of them, they are awesome fish
Pounamu

Post by Pounamu »

xx_sheena_xx wrote: I know the avatar picture is a drawing, but it looks like a flowerhorn :)
I have one of them, they are awesome fish
Should put up a pic of your tank in "share you flock" or "IRN Lounge".
I like cichlids.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

i would if i could get my light on my tank to work
paintsn

Post by paintsn »

Thank you for the nice sincere comments.. Twilight has been doing great.. very spoiled he/she is.. breeder told me it was a male.. but now im doubting.. its a female.. but male or female its not a biggie for me.. Twilight is Family.. and is being called as a he.. hahah.. everyone at my son's school love hims, where ever he goes with us.. he sure gets all the attention..

he says a few words when ever he wants.. love it when he start screaming.. "papa papa"..one day my dad thought i was calling him.. and i said.. hugh?? i was in the garage.. he said he came running to see if i was ok..hahah.. but i do hate that he barks and whine like a dog when no one pays him attention..

here is a quick snapshot since my son is doing a research on the site regarding parrots...

about the fish thingy.. basically ive been with FH for awhile, its a totally different life there.. and is actually the Admin for FHRUS..i will surely be glad to help any with questions and so forth.. and will also post up some pics in your appropriate forum.. i would love to be an affliate with IndianRingNeck.com if possible.
paintsn

Post by paintsn »