They are here at last!!!!

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

They are here at last!!!!

Post by pinkdevil »

The lutino hen that was sitting on 4 eggs has finaaly become a mum to 4 chickies :D

4 little nakid, pink butts facing the camera lol
I would hide my face to if someone was pointing a camera at me while I had no clothes on lolol :lol: :lol: :P
Stacy

Post by Stacy »

Congratulations. That is great Pinkdevil. I am so happy for you. It's great to watch them grow each day. I hope you will put futher photo's as they mature.
Stacy. :D
Razsringnecks

Post by Razsringnecks »

Hey pinkdevil....That is fantastic :P
I just love lution's :D they are such a bright beautiful color.
All the best... how many chicks are you up to now?
Great pic too....what setting do you have your camera on when taking them in the box? My pics always seem to come out a little blurry. :roll:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I will certainly keep updating pics as I can. Just try stopping me! lol :P

Ummm.......that is 4 irn, another hen on 3 eggs, and another hen has 2 and maybe still more to come from her. Plus my 2 Rainbows.......so far lol.

Camera setting......if you right click on the photo and go to "image properties", it should tell you there.
To take in focus photos, I use the "pre" focus option on my camera by holding the "shoot" button partway down. There is a "focal point" square thingy (technical term lol ) that comes up on the viewfinder that shows me where/what is being focused on.

My camera is great for dummies and blondes (like me :wink: ) alike :P :P
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

THey are soo cute and pink and kinda naked and ugly at the same time. but still very very cute!! plus you get to watch them grow up!!

do you hand feed or let the mother feed them?
nil

Post by nil »

what lovely babies :)
my congrats pinkdevil
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thank you :D :D

I will let the parents raise them for a few weeks then I will take over so they will be tame :)
TD

Post by TD »

That’s great Pinkdevil! You are so successful, a testament to the time & effort you obviously put in.

Hopefully I can have the same success one day. That’s why I have started with only 1 pair so I can build on that.

You’ve also mentioned that you love Albino’s, but don’t have any. Is that because they are hard to find in your area, or because you don’t have the room? Just curious!
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

OMG! How cool! They are so small! I bet you are so excited! You going to hand feed? Congrats!!! 8)

Best Wishes,

Imran
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks TD & Ringneck :)

TD, I do try to do the best for my animals. I figure that if they are confined to a small area, like a cage, yard etc (compared to the free outdoors), then it is my duty to provide them with the best possible care and love I can :)

I am sure you will have success in your pair one day breeding for you. :)

With the Albino, I was hoping the first one I own would be bred by one of my birds and handreared by me. I have been to a couple of bird shows that had Albinos for sale, just sometimes hard to find totally honest people in this world. :?
I have been tempted to just buy one so I can have my own but I can be a bit stubborn at times, lol, and have decided to wait & see if mine can breed one :) Besides I have also taken a fancy to the creamios to :roll: :lol: No hope for me lol. I tend to like all the colours that are "out of date" so to speak lol

Ringneck, yes I am planning on hand rearing. I love handrearing birds. Must be my "motherly" side coming out in me, even though I don't have any 2 legged, non feathered, non hairy kids of my own lol :P

Oh while I am talking about eggs and chicks........

My green pair that were on 3 eggs has successfully hatched all 3. I found them yesterday. I checked on Wednesday and there were no bubs at that time, but now there is lol.

And my skyblue hen has one egg although I am not confident that it will be fertile as the hen has taken a fancy to the male in the aviary next door and they have bonded so much that they feed each other through the wire. :evil: Her mate has been left sitting on the sideline and I haven't seen them mate or interact so thinking the egg maybe a dud. Will candle in a few days and see what happens.
I am going to try and move the "neighbour" but the only one I can swap him with is another male and she will probablly jump the fence with the new one to. :roll: :wink:
TD

Post by TD »

Well, it's great to see your pics, and i totally understand your thinking re the Albino. I was lucky, right place, right time. The guy I got mine from took me in and showed me his aviaries (they were brilliant, the best I've seen!) so I didn't think twice, and she's a beautiful example. I am also a bit stubborn when it comes to buying Ringnecks, like yourself, I only want the best! I also love the 'out of date' colours, anything else gets too confusing for me!
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

i want new photos hehe
bastard_x5

Post by bastard_x5 »

thyre soo cute and yes i second robin please post more!
why dont u do a journal kinda thing? to document the whole process? ive seen alot of parrot breeder journals with weekly pictures and entries but i havent seen one of ringnecks might be a good idea... lol anyways congrats!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

I will get update pics soon. It is a bit hard as mumma bird is very protective of her babies and runs to the nest when I enter the aviary.
I was going to take photos today but the weather has turned rainy for most of the day....typical huh :roll: lol

As soon as I can, will get pics and post for you all :)

Hmmmmm........a journal idea might be fun. :)
MrsVanPelt

Post by MrsVanPelt »

Too cute! Congrats on the Grandbirdlets!
Proud wife of Rocky, Mother toMarley (IRN), JayBird and Cally (Rats), Jebadiah (Mouse), Rasta and Reggae (Bearded Dragons). Auntie to Princess (Poodle)
countrygal_cc

Oh:-)

Post by countrygal_cc »

I am so happy for you. I wonder what all colors the chicks will be?
Park outside where the air is cool...
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

how exciting breeding them - wow what hard work to do so many - my hat of to you :)

look forward also to seeing some new photos
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks guys :)

Things have been a bit hectic around here, but I will take a few updated pics tomorrow and let you all see how much they have grown. Mum is still gurading her nest but isn't spending near the amount of time in there as the weather has been nice and sunny. Will take a few photos of the greenies to. :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

As promised I took a pic today of the Lutino bubs. Only one photo as mum was not happy me being in there :roll:

Here they are now.....check out the feathers....

As of today, they are between 19-21 days old from youngest to oldest.

Little cuties aren't they? :D
greeny

Post by greeny »

OMG they are so precious! Are the parents also Lutino? You are so furtunate to have these little babies! What fun they must be.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks greeny.

Yes both parents are Lutinos :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I have now taken them for handraising. They are such calm natured little ones. Very different personalities compared to last years clutches.

They are eating well and gaining weight, so I am happy with that. :)

They are aprox 3.5 weeks old now.

Here they are from today.....

and this one was the sweetest photo until the one on the right turned his head.....grrrrrr.....

hope you like them :)
Last edited by pinkdevil on Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphinheart

Post by Dolphinheart »

Ohh Pinkdevil they are so cute - ohh i wish i lived clsoer - i could buy one form yo u-lol

ohh mind you what a huge amount of work lol such a labour of love :)

look forward to seeing more photos as they grown up :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks Dolphinheart :)

I realised I posted above the same pic twice so corrected it. :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Here they are again.

They certainly have grown heaps over the last week or so.

Group shot....

Little snuggle bug...

Checking out the camera...

Time for scratches......

Fah

Post by Fah »

Gorgeous, there is something purely special about Lutino's for me. No matter the mutation I always go back to Lutino's and Creamino's as my absolute favourite types.

I am chasing up a pair of Lutino Alexandrines (i will be utterly broke lol) but urgh... dream colour in a dream size lol.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks Fah.

Yeah, I am also drawn to Lutinos, and creaminos, and albinos, and.......

:lol:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Another update on babies progress........

CHEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!

Hit the deck and give me 20!!

Let's play the "Under/Over" game....
Rules are simple......
I go over.....

....and you go under!

HEY, TAIL PULLING IS NOT ALLOWED!!!!

.............. I said enough PHOTOS!!!!

Sorry for the wishy washy photos....I took them last night. But you get the picture lol :)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

oh my god! they are beautiful *jelous*

they look so healthy and happy and CUDDLY!! XD i want one
Razsringnecks

Post by Razsringnecks »

ooooooooooohhhhhhhh............
They are my Favorite...... :D :D :D
Even from pin feather there is no mistake about these beautiful little lutino babies. :P
Thank-you for your wonderful updates.
Had a problem getting online.....you have just made it all worth it.....Simply Fantastic. :P
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

OMG how cute are they .. I want them all !!!

I miss having babies to handraise :( no time now I fulltime work.

Congrats they are adorable. :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ElliottsMomma

Post by ElliottsMomma »

They are growing up too fast!!!! I remember when Elli was litle like that!!! It's so sad!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Here's what they look like today........

Haven't they grown?

And still very placid compared to the other clutches I have raised.

There is even a very affectionate one in there that demands scratches and cuddles. Will sit for ages and lap it up! lol
Fah

Post by Fah »

Lovely bubs you have there. I was too run down for time this year so I let those parents who's bubs had not been sold off before hand rear the young themselves. Really missed the fun of rearing.

When I move up to a larger property, I will have to get myself a pair of Lutino IRN just for rearing into pets, they are stunning to anyone who sees them. At the moment on a quarter acre block I can only fit in 10-12 pairs of birds without causing a problem noise wise and I have to be picky about the kinds of birds or how many of each I keep.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Yeah I know what you mean about larger place.

We are in town and renting so I pity the poor neighbours early hours of the morning and evening when the birds are at their happiest lol.

I must be one neighbours worst nightmare as he has a phobia of birds from a childhood encounter when his brother locked him in an aviary and being "attacked" by finches, (so he says lol). Imagine the horror on his face when all these aviaries started popping up here! lol :P

I have 14 aviaries here at the moment, but am trying to get a couple of suspendeds and replace a few aviaries.

A couple of the aviaries look a bit like a mosaic effect, so I am using the money I get from the chicks and putting it back into better cages for the birds.

I can't wait for the day when I can finally move and have a place of my own, hopefully somewhere closer to a beach!!!!! :lol:
bec

Post by bec »

OMG!!!!!! such cute bubbys!!!!! i love the one yelling at the camera!!!!
TD

Post by TD »

They look great Pinkdevil. I'd also like a bigger place, one day I will get one and have lots more birds! That's the plan anyway.
Deano

Post by Deano »

Luv that last pic where they are on the perch all feathered, great work pinkdevil :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks guys :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Well done they are growing up so nicely ! :-) just beautiful. In the pic of the four of them on the perch together I love the one on the far left, looks like the eldest and for some reason I get the feeling it might be male. Of course its just a feeling, coz its stature reminds me very much of our male Jordan. It looks like the most adventurous also.

They are all so beautiful. Gotta love the look of the lutino's they just seem to have a nice slight, light and naughty look about them. Of all our fids Jordan our lutino male is the goofy one, our little court jester, and definately the most playful.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Ta Kyria :)

Yes they are all developing their individual personalities.

The youngest one is very mushy. Wants to be snuggled up with me all the time. Is the one who flies back to me on command more than the others. :)

Another one is a playful charater and seems to love toys. "He" chases the ball or peg and plays with it when I throw it, so I am thinking of trying to train him to "fetch" :) See how that goes.

Then there is the bossy one, (female I am guessing by her "top dog" attitude lol). Has been picking fights with the others but one in particular.
They really get into it and wrestle on the ground until I break them up. I tried to let them "sort it out" but it went on for ages. They seem ok now though. Maybe "she" has showed 'em who is boss :wink:
If it happens again I will seperate them.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

your babies are absolotly adorable :D :!:
taco

Post by taco »

Wow that are absolutly beautiful...
Great pictures too. You are obviously as proud as punch.
Merry Christmas from the north coast.

Taco & Family.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks sheena & taco. :D

Merry Christmas to you taco and everyone else here.

:)
Steggles

Post by Steggles »

Oh my, how adorable are these little ones!! :D :lol: Loved watching them grow - how special. Now I am all clucky!
Rueae

Re: They are here at last!!!!

Post by Rueae »

Fantastic!
I loved seeing such a difference in pictures.
It really is the blink of an eye and then they're all grown up.
My little Ink still has those baby eyes. I'll be both sad and proud when they're gone. :'D

I find that my favorite colors always come back to albino and lutino too...though I've seen some beautiful creaminos. I love them too, because I have a fondness for the white, but I <3 the red beaks too! Creaminos are the best of both worlds. :3
I'm into silvers though, too and I have a fondnes for WHWT.
Ugh, they're all so amazing!

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.