pics of bibou

Moderator: Mods

selma

pics of bibou

Post by selma »

any guesses? boy or girl? these pics are a lot better than the previous ones. finally getting the hang of posting pics. :roll:

any corn left mom?

no corn? ok, these shoes will do?

hey mom what you doing there? is that corn for me?

mom says i need to go on a diet. what do you think?

wow look at the pen daddy gave me.

am i cute or am i cute?
Libby_D

Post by Libby_D »

I have no clue about the sex, but what a beautiful bird! I have never seen one with a red patch on his head, know what thats from or is that a mystery patch?
selma

Post by selma »

thanks libby. i never really took notice of the red patch until i saw pics of other ringnecks and realised none of them had the red patch. i'm not sure why he has that red patch. maybe someone out there knows?
Libby_D

Post by Libby_D »

Maybe its a failed attempt of a mutation? Or maybe a success? who knows. Maybe someone will come on that knows. I personally like it though.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Wow! Red on a ringneck! Red does not appear of feathers! I am shocked! Too Cool! Too Cool! :shock:

I don't know what to say! LoL!!!

Best Wishes,

I.C.
madmax75

Post by madmax75 »

Hey thats a cool birf....Lovely longgg Tail....Cheers....
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

that is an amazing combo. it looks to be a male because it does have hints of blue but i could be wrong. but love the bird does it have a funny personality?
selma

Post by selma »

thanks. i hope you're right that he could be a boy because we thought he was a boy too and taught him to say good boy. :D S/he is quite a funny character and what a difference we've seen from a month ago when. When we first got him he was very depressed and didn't say a word. Now he chatters all day. he can say hello and good boy and his name bibou though not clearly. He can wolf whistle and makes all sorts of sounds. sometimes it aounds as if he says what you doing? :D the funny things he does is copying me. When he sees me eating he turns his little head and stares at me and then he goes into the cage to eat too. And if i'm taking a nap on the sofa he will take a nap too. The other funny thing is when he tries to grab my feet from under the bed. He sits and waits and peeps around the corner to see where i am and then he sits under the bed waits til i'm in a good enough position then he runs and grabs my feet. He's napping right now his head tucked into his wings and at the same time babbliing away. Never knew birds could talk in their sleep. i'm learning something new everyday. He is quite a rscal sometimes but overall he's our litle bundle of joy. By the way, from the pics can you tell how old he is? We have no idea.
Greg Sujecki

Post by Greg Sujecki »

A Red-Caped Ringneck amazing,great looking bird.Not everyday you see one like this,then again l have never seen one like this,keep them photo's coming please like it. :D
Greg, Mylo and the flock!
IMR4N

Post by IMR4N »

I couldn’t tell you the age but since he has started talking he may be around 1 year of age. Has he malted yet or is he still in the middle of a malt? i would be lieing if i gave you an exact age.
selma

Post by selma »

no idea at all. this is how he looked when we got him end of may. he was given to us by someone who bought him from a petshop but did not ask any questions so he himself does not know. i guess we will have to find the shop ourselves and try to get some info. thanks anyway.
natureboy

Post by natureboy »

The red on your beautiful baby is probably because the parents were Irn
with a mustache parakeet or alexandrine parakeet .

Still in the same family I have seen a blue ring neck with patches of red and green its actually very neat.
wingshaw

Wow, never have seen a bird like that!

Post by wingshaw »

He's gorgeous!
I don't know what else to say. Very unique! :wink:
Shawn
"The only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked"~thanks Stephanie (aka: tielgirl)~
Shaw's Macaws Grooming and Avian Care
& The Lovebird Inn
Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

Are you sure that's the actual feather color? The red, I mean.
The first thing I thought was that it was his breeder marking him to tell sex at a glance.

My Busey has a big dark green patch on his head because the breeder marked him with a vegetable based dye to be able to tell him apart from the rest of the hatchlings.
Do you know if your breeder maybe marks the boys in red?

If not, that is a really cool color mutation!
:)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Selma:

Your baby kiiiills me with that red patch on his head :lol: I bet I have shown him to a million people. My baby is different in the way that she is VERY dark emerald green with yellow undetones and blue tail feathers.

Can anyone tell me how she mutated? Meaning which was green and which was blue? Her Mom vs. her Daddy. The breeder said her babies would be blue. When I got her at 7 weeks, all of her tail feathers were green. I took her to the breeder to have her wings clipped and he asked "I only asked 160.00 for this lil girl right?" I said yes sir. He called him wife over and they were examining the tail feathers. He then looked up at me and said "we really screwed ourselves, we should have asked MUCH more for her because of her mutation." He took it in stride though and ofcourse didnt ask for more money but I could tell he was a little peaved he never noticed the tail. He also went as far as to say HER babies would be blue, can he forecast this or just trying to impress me?
~ Mikaela Sky

333greenbean333

Re: pics of bibou

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi, I know the answer to this question. When a bird is exposed to loads of sun light mutation can accure. The parents of this baby were maybe exprosed alot of sun. This is colour pigmentation, were part of the feathers are pigmentated. This is more comon on lutino (yellow). And sometimes of albinos the pingmentation is pink. I think someone bred a fully pink ringneck once. I am only 16 years old, so I dont know too much but it is a mution but you wont be able to breed more as it is only pigmentation.

I hope I got all my facts right, good luck
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
Fiorella

Post by Fiorella »

Hi :) I'm quite new to this... Still trying to firgure out how to post pictures :P
Bibou is TOO cute by the way :)

But, just wanted to ask, I know this post is a bit old but hopefully someone will reply, mikaela posted on here that her IRN is a dark green with blue tail feathers and yellow underwings, which is quite a special colour. My new baby (Apple) is 13 weeks old and also has yellow underwings, blue tail feathers and is a moderately dark green. I thought this was common. What's the difference between the normal green and this type of green?

-Ella.
333greenbean333

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi,
I a pretty sure that its a normal green. but if you work out how to post pics, I would love to see a picture.
David :D
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))