Pictures of our Datsun

Moderator: Mods

Datsun and Family

Pictures of our Datsun

Post by Datsun and Family »

Hey everyone,

We finally cracked the code so please have a look at our baby boy...

http://community.webshots.com/user/datsunbird
indian ringneck

Post by indian ringneck »

Awwwwwwww! He's so cute! He looks pretty conscious of what's going on around him. What's his name? (i'm new here but am also registered to http://www.parrotalk.com/forum and it's a great parrot forum, but has no ringneck board, so I entered this one.)
Datsun and Family

Thanks... we think so too but we're biased :)

His name is Datsun and he is about 14 weeks old.

He is the best, he knew step up before we got him and has learnt to wolf whistle already. I cant wait till he can talk!
How old was Kiki when she learnt "hello"?

-Chamon
Misty_Anikin

Post by Misty_Anikin »

He's adorable!!! Reminds me of my Anikin. Loved the pics :)

-Misty

Post by Guest »

Datsun and Family wrote: I cant wait till he can talk!
How old was Kiki when she learnt "hello"?

Datsun, Kiki was 2&1/2 yrs old when she started talking. I'll give you a tip that worked for Kiki which teaches birds to talk much much quicker. Does your bird have any natural sound that may sound like a "Hello" or any EASY words you want to teach him? Kiki makes noises like "Hello" sometimes and that attracted my attention. I immediately noticed that this sounds like "Hello" allthough it doesn't have any word-connection yet. Every time you hear your bird MAKING THE SOUND you should reinforece him/her with an ENTHUSIASTIC "Good Bird" or "Good (yourbird'sname)". Your bird will soon learn that whenever he/she makes that sound he/she is reinforced and is being 'good'. Now, go one step further. Your bird must start making a sound that sounds more like talking... every time your bird makes the sound that sounds more like talking reinforce. Then, last step, every time your bird ACTUALLY SAYS "Hello" or your required word, only then, reinforce with a enthusiastic "Hello". Remember, ALWAYS, not 'sometimes' praise your bird and give him/her attention, your bird will need to know a guaruntee of attention for being "Good".
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hello Nice pictures...

I think your he is a she :wink: I can tell by her eyes and her body and head shape.. I could be wrong..but i am 80% sure it's a female..

Just thought I would give you a "heads up." :wink:

CUTE photos..reminds me of misty's bird...

Take care and thanks for sharing!
:wink:
I.C.
Datsun and Family

Oh well... I love Datsun no matter what.

That gives me a good excuse to get another though!

Thanks I.C. I will be getting him/her DNAd soon anyway so I will keep you posted as to the verdict.

-Chamon
indian ringneck

Post by indian ringneck »

Datsun is absalutely gorgeous! So are you thinking of changing Datsun to Datsina of he's going to be a she? That'll be quite difficult to get used to for sure!
driver_hr

Re: Pictures of our Datsun

Post by driver_hr »

wow lovely bird