Post by TiffandKari »

What a beautiful bird!
I love the first picture :lol:
Tiff and Kari

Wessel Gordon

Re: Lola the Ringless wonder

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Lol Tff-Kari

If my one female has a face like the one in the first pic I know I have about 0.000005 seconds of getting out of reach.

Having said that she usually just crashes her beak into my hand without actually inflicting a bite or pain and all that while my hand was in full striking distance if she did choose to inflict a bite.
TiffandKari

Post by TiffandKari »

Haha yeah that's true! My birdy does that to my finger a lot :(
I just always find bird tongues funny :lol:
Tiff and Kari

Little Buttercup

Post by Little Buttercup »

I like the second and third pics, not the first one.

Kiwi's tongue feel so soft and warm, few times he gave my finger a lick before taking the treat:D

Ash
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

My one male would sometimes come and sit close by (if Her Ladyship allows it) and gently bite onto a finger, a piece of clothing or whatever he can reach. It's surprising how gentle he can be with that sharp beak considering most of us know from experience how much pain/damage it can cause.

The weird thing is the female that I'm most cautious of was hand-reared by myself so I know (in theory) she's supposed to be tame yet it's her male that's the more gentle of the pair. The female will come and sit close to my face (literally an inch or two from my nose) during food-changes and other times I'm around the cage and we'll have a little discussion (after 8 years I'm still not sure what we talk about but we seemed to have evolved a language that only she understands). Usually all I get from her is some verbal communication while I'm occasionally allowed to touch her...but that's strictly on her terms. If she's had enough she'll just lunge at the nearest body-part to indicate the interview is over and she'll go do her thing. As I mentioned in another post the lunge is usually just a fast shove with her beak against the offending body-part or she'll intentionally aim her strike just to the side of it so usually there's no pain or blood involved.