screaming /whistling loud

Moderator: Mods

dholari

screaming /whistling loud

Post by dholari »

Hi,
My alexandrine is now around 9-10 months old, he has been good until a month ago, the new problem is his high pitch screaming and shreiking /whistling - for no reason, sometimes i thought he wanted to be out of his small cage - took him out and left him free but no luck
took him from the room and put him in the big (very big) cage - no luck
he is calm and going around and suddenly he starts this mad fit of shouting and screaming - can someone help me out

the only thing which works till now to shut him up is that i put him in the small cage and close it with a cloth cover - till now it has worked but i am dreading the day he grows over that treatment also - we live in an apartment complex and i dont want neighbours to complain ,morever my wife is not too happy to have him around so thats more complex situation . Please advise ... before i close - can someone give me a tip to stop this guy from nibbling at my expensive crockery unit - I taped out the edges but he still gives it a nip on the inner edges - i hate to see it destroyed ..
dholari

Re: screaming /whistling loud

Post by dholari »

Hi Everyone,

Lots of views but no one has given any reply , please please give me some suggestions.

Thank you in advance
ashellina

Post by ashellina »

I found your post per your request. I have had Rosco for 6 months, he is 4 years old. He has not been a screamer since I have had him. He will call to me once or twice when I leave the room but that is all. I will say this from my experience with Caiques (huge screamers): Find him new toys he is really interested in. Ignore Ignore Ignore the screaming! Do not look at him, go to him, or talk to him while he is screaming. When he is quite go to him, talk to him, get him out of the cage and reward him. That alone works wonders. My husband bought me a baby ringneck a few days ago. He/she starts screaming when we are out of the room. As much as we want to run and save her we have to ignore it until she stops. When she stops we go get her. She has already stopped much of the screaming. I promise it does work.
When you have him out of his cage, go to a quiet room with a play stand and really start working on the step up command. Very important for them to know. My baby flash learned it in 15 min. Ofcourse peanuts were he motivation at first. Now no peanuts are required. If she wants to come out of her cage step up is required.

I have started the foraging thing everyone is talking about, hiding his food in objects and letting Rosco find it. At first it ticked him off but he is getting over that and seems to be liking it now, maybe look into that as well. Janey's mom seems to know alot about that hopefully she will post soon and give you more info!
dholari

Post by dholari »

thank you for your advice, i shall follow the same, as you said when he screams we try to shut him up and i guess its working on the wrong side .. :-)
thanks again
MissK

Post by MissK »

:-o

-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Hi,
My Indian Ringneck Pirate use to do this a lot! He has a lot of toys and roams freely out of his cage etc. What stopped him from doing this was putting those seed things on a stick (where the seed is all stuck together) or fruit and seed on a stick in his cage and he has stopped. Weird, but maybe worth a shot!