Sammy the studio bird!

Moderator: Mods

mattcoffs

Sammy the studio bird!

Post by mattcoffs »

Sammy likes to help me out while recording. I don't think she realises though how distracting she can be during takes!

hehe

ellieelectrons

Re: Sammy the studio bird!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Matt

I have no idea how you manage it! My guys would be into the headset, the leads from th guitars, etc.!

Ellie.
mattcoffs

Post by mattcoffs »

Hehe, well she's not always this good and cute!
She isn't too bad with cords and stuff, although she does try to have a chew if i'm not careful. I caught her in a "sitting on the shoulder" mood for this one i think!
She seems to prefer to swing from and hang about in the guitar cords/studio wiring mess under my desk more so than chew it which is nice...

It's really cute sometimes she is really curious as to what i'm doing - she'll hang upside down from my arm and watch me play - climb down there and grab the strings with her beak... It's pretty cool! A nightmare for nailing a perfect take sometimes though!!!
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I imagine the music is quite enriching for Sammy. What is it you do Matt? Are you a guitarist / singer / sound engineer / voice over artist?

Ellie.
mattcoffs

Post by mattcoffs »

Hey Ellie,

I'm actually a video editor/animator/graphic artist by day.
I moonlight as a singer/songwriter in my spare time - it may take off one day and become my day job, but i'm not holding my breath!

And yeah i think she enjoys it! Some songs she likes more than others and will whistle away through it... Maybe she's my new secret weapon "hit finder" haha :)

If you're interested - there's heaps of downloads and stuff on my website. www.mattdeanmusic.net

:)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Matt

Checked out your site. You and your band are very talented. Good luck with it all!

I am currently working on a child safety computer game (see www.orbit.org.au). We are currently casting people to voice our game characters - which is why I got interested when I saw you were in a recording studio! We are generally sourcing the voice talent locally and we've just about got all of the parts covered now.

Ellie.
mattcoffs

Post by mattcoffs »

Hey Ellie, that looks really interesting!

I have done a couple of voice over projects here and there. Let me know if there's any young male parts left - i could possibly send you a sample or something :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks Matt. I'll let you know. I'm meeting with our voice director tomorrow.

Ellie.
mattcoffs

Post by mattcoffs »

No problems Ellie :)

Also if you need theme music etc....

:D