My Lutino female

Moderator: Mods

seefm5

My Lutino female

Post by seefm5 »

hi I wanted to show you my female indian ringneck(actually I don't know if she is really a female)

does any one can tell me if this is a female and can you determine how old is she? adult? can she breed?

waiting for your answer
jillybean

Re: My Lutino female

Post by jillybean »

Hi theres no way of knowing if she is young, under 2 she could be a he and not have a ring yet, if you know she is over 2 then yes its a she and she should be able to breed. DNA testing is the only way to tell. They all look the same until the male gets a ring about 18mths-2yrs Cheers Leigh
seefm5

Post by seefm5 »

I think that i will do DNA test this week and I will see if she is really a female but my problem is her age! how can I know her age
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

jillybean wrote:Hi theres no way of knowing if she is young, under 2 she could be a he and not have a ring yet, if you know she is over 2 then yes its a she and she should be able to breed. DNA testing is the only way to tell. They all look the same until the male gets a ring about 18mths-2yrs Cheers Leigh
Absolutely agree about DNA test, about her years maybe you need to consult that with vet.