Lucce and Amore

Moderator: Mods

Sixty Fiver

Lucce and Amore

Post by Sixty Fiver »

On a sunny Sunday morning at the day cage... Amore is a 9 year old female and Lucce is her younger man... he's 5 years old.

They have a Macaw cage at the other end of the house but like to come and catch some rays and see what kind of treats the treat faerie leaves in the dishes for them.

Lucce is gorgeous and knows it.

Amore is a sweetheart...

I am the scruffy looking bloke... my little friend is Pumpkin, a baby Plum Headed Parakeet I work with at the pet shop.

pinkdevil

Re: Lucce and Amore

Post by pinkdevil »

:lol: :lol: Amore has a toyboy!! :P

They look so relaxed just chilling and admiring the view.
jhebert9

Post by jhebert9 »

Love the pic by the window!
Darwin, Turquoise Chick
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

My babies...

Lucce the popcorn eating, girl smooching fiend.

Amore... who has been quite the flirt of late.

And the baby Talouse who is all grown up and who will be 2 in March...

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks for the new pics. They look great! I can't believe Talouse is almost 2. Time flies!

Ellie.
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

ellieelectrons wrote:Thanks for the new pics. They look great! I can't believe Talouse is almost 2. Time flies!

Ellie.
Talouse has become fluent in Ringneck and will copy and echo everything Lucce and Amore say so sometimes it is like having a live bird stereo as they are at opposite ends of the house and call back and forth. I cannot tell them apart as her mimicry skills are rather perfect.

When she says "peek a boo" it sounds like someone is squeezing a squeaky toy although she does not understand the game like Lucce does as he knows you have to hide first.

They are all sweethearts and Lucce has really taken to being cuddled and scritched now... he may have decided this was okay after seeing how much Talouse likes human contact.

:)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Are Senegals quieter than IRNs? Someone was asking after a parrot suitable for apartment living. Something I read recommended Senegals and Myers Parrots.

Ellie.
Sixty Fiver

Post by Sixty Fiver »

ellieelectrons wrote:Are Senegals quieter than IRNs? Someone was asking after a parrot suitable for apartment living. Something I read recommended Senegals and Myers Parrots.

Ellie.
Senegals have pretty good pipes and their alarm call is akin to the smoke detector going off... in a house with two other bird's Talouse can always make sure she is heard but on the whole is quieter.

Have been working with a brown headed parrot at the shop and although they are closely related to the Senegal, they have a reputation for being quieter and even more easy going. This little baby is just learning how to speak and only makes the quietest of squeaks and clicks to let you know that he's feeling great... talk about a cuddly bird.

I think it depends a great deal on the bird, their respective disposition, and how they are raised and cared for.

Talouse does go to sleep really early and with our days being shorter bedtime has been around 7-8pm while Lucce and Amore like to stay up later (and sleep in later)... Lucce is part owl and will stay up as long as I do and often keeps me company until the wee hours although winter seems to have affected them too.

Our days are about 7 hours long at winter's peak...