Big blue and (no name)

Moderator: Mods

daynemh

Big blue and (no name)

Post by daynemh »

Heres some pictures of my most recent family members.
Little (no name) is 10 weeks old from what ive been told. So thats why he is looking a bit featherless.

Big blue is only a young one too but im unsure of his/her age as unfortunetly he/she has been passed round through a few people that couldnt give him/her the time and commitment he/she needs.

So here are some pictures of the odd couple.

daynemh

Re: Big blue and (no name)

Post by daynemh »

o and if anyone has any name suggestions for no name (the yellow one) it would be much appreciated. thanks.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I'm a bit concerned about those bald patches although I'm not a developmental expert so I could be completely off base. It's just that neither of my guys looked like that @ 10 weeks. I'd be tempted to get a vet check.

I do have a soft spot for a big-eyed baby though. Congrats on the new additions.

Ellie.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

How about Cinnamon? He looks like a little sweetie. you have a nice gym there too. Did you buy or make it?

Ellie.
daynemh

Post by daynemh »

yea i did have concerns too about his grandpa style hair doo. but in the week ive had him and comparing before and after photos, he has started to grow feathers (slowly) when i went and looked at him at the breeders, he was in a seperate cage to the others. And when he hangs out with big blue, he is always first to have a go at bitting. I think he may have had a rough bunch of brothers and sisters.
Thankyou for pointing that out though, as it's been a long time since ive had such a young bird, i forgot how their feathers usually grow.

and yes i built that play stand yesterday, it's got a long way to go still though. iv'e gotta put some shiny things and bells on it to keep them a little more interested. As after about 30mins on it, they get bored and try to get off.

If anyone else would like to give me some input with my yellow guy's hair doo, i would appreciate it.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Well done on the gym.

I'm glad you are seeing an improvement with the yellow one's feathers. It could be as you've said - a particularly aggressive set of brothers and sisters.

Best wishes with your two little guys.

Ellie.
TaraJ

Post by TaraJ »

Hey there Dayne your guys are cute....And aww the poor little guy if he has had a rough time before now/....im sure with a little lovin he will be ok...loooking forward to seeing more pics in future....I have to get some more of my little one too....we been having a battle of the wills lately with his biting but im not backing down so to speak lol
daynemh

Post by daynemh »

hahah oh no, tuff it out. a few battle scars will only be a reminder of how hard you worked to get him friendly.
Goodluck
julie

Post by julie »

Yeah ellie is 100 % correct with the feather issue.Im a bit concerned with the open wounds he may have already got an infection and need antibiotics or at the very least have them cleaned properly.

Im hopeless naming birds,I have a blue thats name is pinky.He thinks his name is pinky mika.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

The feathers do not look normal. What is the age of the bird and how did he lose his feathers? Can you post a pic of the back of his skull?
daynemh

Post by daynemh »

10 weeks old i believe. (could be lies though)
Ill get some pictures tomorow if he will stay still.
daynemh

Post by daynemh »

daynemh

Post by daynemh »

yup as i was saying, its a bit hard to get him to stay still.
There is no red/pink infected looking areas. All of his skin is the same color. no blotchiness around the areas lacking feathers.
No scabs, just new feathers growing is all.

Anyone have a diagnosis more advanced than my own?
AiSell

Post by AiSell »

They are so sweet and lovely :)