Newest Family Member

Moderator: Mods

imdnt

Newest Family Member

Post by imdnt »

Greetings fellow IRN parents! :D

The newest addition to our family: Alpha!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58811496@N07/5578345559/

He was aviary raised but we fell in love with his colour. Currently sitting in quarantine as we got him on the 27th March 2011 at the Parrot show, 5 months old and DNA sexed.

He's very eager to meet Bravo & Tango and vice versa:

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=11632

Tango's now 8 months old and is hitting puberty (if you can call it that) and Bravo is 4 months old (both tame).

Very active birds whilst Alpha is still on the quiet side but is slowly adapting to having humans around. Wings are clipped so he can't fly away but what a graceful sight it was when Alpha flew. We'll let him have his wings back once he's tame.

Next goal is to get a purple IRN when the next breeding season starts. Wife wants to stop at 4 but I want a yellow and white one as well. I'm just nuts for IRN's!

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Adrian
pinkdevil

Re: Newest Family Member

Post by pinkdevil »

Alpha looks beautiful. Reminds me of one of my babies. :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Alpha is a very beautiful bird! Congrats! I was at the parrot show too! ... but didn't buy any birds... bought a new t-perch, foraging toys, pellets, treats, etc.

Ellie

:)
imdnt

Post by imdnt »

pinkdevil wrote:Alpha looks beautiful. Reminds me of one of my babies. :)
Your baby is why we fell in love with the grey IRN's. Colour is soooo nice!!! :D
pinkdevil wrote:Alpha looks beautiful. Reminds me of one of my babies. :)
We weren't planning to buy either but couldn't resist once he nibbled my finger hehehe. :lol:

It's already over a week now and he's actually sitting on my finger after I pick him up. Quite surprised since he's scared of hands. We only handle him when he waddles over to the other 2 since our vet visit is on the 12th of April. Alpha doesn't even bite us so I'm scratching my head if he is an aviary bird or just one super friendly bird (especially once he fully adjusts to humans).
imdnt

Post by imdnt »

Well I have some surprising news. Alpha is now stepping up, let's me pat him and allows me to play 'got your beak'. I just never expected this to happen so fast considering his aviary home.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Well done!! :D :D :D :D :D