My Max

Moderator: Mods

mymax

My Max

Post by mymax »

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how old would max be?
Attachments
P1000387.JPG
P1000385.JPG
SCB -SA

Re: My Max

Post by SCB -SA »

He she is fully grown, and you cant really tell if it is a male under 3 years he will still get a ring, if it is female, you will never be able to guess her age? How lang have you had him/her?
mymax

Post by mymax »

I only had for a week ....previous owner said MAX is about 4-5 months old.
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Normally at that age they still have 'googly' big baby eyes, and he seems large for a bird that young.
julie

Post by julie »

sorry but max does look older. check out some of the forum members pics and you will see that they dont get the orange around the eyes or the white till they are older.
mymax

Post by mymax »

can anyone guess ..how old we are talking about here...as it has been more than one week and his behaviour hasnt changed he is still scared of me if i go close to cage.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

It is almost impossible to tell the age of a bird by appearance, unless they are very young or still to develop a ring if male. Other than that, it is anyones guess.
I have a 12 month old ringie here that I raised last year. It's eyes are the same as the one in your photo. If the bird is a male, it has yet to develop the ring, so would place the bird aprox 1-3 years of age. If it is a hen, then age can't really be guessed as there is no ring development time frame to give any indication.

It has only been with you for a week, not really a long time for it to settle in and get used to all its new surroundings.
It could be flighty for a number of reasons....
1:- aviary bird, never been handled.
2:- aviary bird quiet but not tame
3:- handraised bird but not handled much
4:- handraised bird but had a rough life and is scared of people.
5:- still getting used to its surroundings and needs more time to settle in.
Just some examples of why the bird is flighty.
Do you know any of its history? Handraised? how many owners etc?
mymax

Post by mymax »

Na i have no idea...the guy i bought from ...was spose to be home but wen i went to pick it up it was his kid who did the deal. and he told me 4-5 months old however the way S/he was in cage in backyard, wasnt really appealing so i guess totally ignored bird.

I hope S/he will be good soon as now he started making noise in early morning.
However S/he has no problem eating food...max loves food
mymax

Post by mymax »

from last few days i have noticed that max eyes are totally black ....is there any thing to worry....if you look at his image on top you will notice his eyes are white as well...now its just black....
Melika

Post by Melika »

Parrots can dilate their pupils at will. The black you are seeing is just his pupil. The 'white' section is his iris. They can dilate theirs much further than we can ours- imagine the distances they can see from the air!

Get him excited and see if it changes. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay