When should i start doing this? NEED URGENT HELP!

Moderator: Mods

AnwarA

When should i start doing this? NEED URGENT HELP!

Post by AnwarA »

So right now my bird is about 1 month old, he has been eating formula 3 times a day. 7am, 3 pm, 9pm, he eats 5-6 syringes on every take and then he is full.

I introduced some grapes and strawberries to him by feeding him with my hand, he absolutely loves it. Some times when he is bored he will pick at the millet and also he chews the strawberry a little. Im wondering when I should put a bowl of fruit and seeds and water in his box.

Also when should I start introducing him to perching and how should I introduce him to perching and to his cage, which is very large. Should I put his box in the cage and let him acclimate to it?

Need help asap.

Thanks!
sanjays mummi

Re: When should i start doing this? NEED URGENT HELP!

Post by sanjays mummi »

I've never bred birds, dogs, cats, rabbits etc, but not birds. However, common sense tells me, that if your chickster is showing interest in millet etc, now might be the right time to start introducing foods he/she may want to try, as for the cage, Sanjay was eight weeks old when I got him, and in a nursery cage, that is a cage, larger than a budgies but smaller than one you would use as a night cage for an IRN. So if he fell from a perch he only had a few inches to fall. If this isn't feasible, why not place his box inside the cage, if it will fit? So he can become accustomed to his new abode yet feel secure?.