Love my Gizmo

Moderator: Mods

donnanorm

Love my Gizmo

Post by donnanorm »

Only had our Gizmo 6 days today and he/she is doing great,we let him/her out the cage a couple of days ago, and now is returning to and from the cage itself which is great,I did think we would have trouble getting our baby back in but seems not to be :). I can wait till im able to get close to Gizmo,he/she is still very uneasy if we try to use or hand to "step up" so we using a perch to do this at the moment,im sure in time this will be another step forward.The site and people are great and im learning more and more each day about these beautiful and intelligent birds. I know you cant sex them till around 3yrs of age or by Dna testing,but anyone a rough idea guess by looking at the photo :), incase your wondering about the mark on Gizmos nose we usure what happend,was already there when we collected our baby.

Donna

Post by Donna »

Can you get a closer pic? That does not look good from the pic you have, It looks like it's nare is infected. Has this baby been vet checked? I strongly suggest that you take this baby to an avian vet ASAP. From other photos you have shared the baby just looks real unhealthy and I think another member had mentioned it's feather condition.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

Donna wrote:Can you get a closer pic? That does not look good from the pic you have, It looks like it's nare is infected. Has this baby been vet checked? I strongly suggest that you take this baby to an avian vet ASAP. From other photos you have shared the baby just looks real unhealthy and I think another member had mentioned it's feather condition.

Donna

the feathers look fine,they look nothing like that in the photo that was the photo shot,ive already explained about that,yes we have taken the bird to the vet and all is fine.All i seem to do is explain myself since ive been using this site,all i want to do is share my photos and learn more about these birds.I wouldnt mistreat any animal and i feel everytime i write anything im being questioned.

Donna

Post by Donna »

I wasn't in no implying you were mistreating the bird what so ever. I'm sorry you took it that way. For many people this is their first experience with birds and there's so many things that could go wrong with young ones like you have. I know you love your baby and I don't want you to feel that we are criticizing you or the bird, we just want you to know if we see something that might be over looked by an inexperienced bird owner. Please don't get angry I was only trying to help.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

thats ok no problem I apologise

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I think I said before in your other photos.. a very good idea to take a trip to an avian vet just to be sure. Is it me or do alot of avary babies look a lil scruffy? I know my Yoda did but after a few weeks of baths the feathers looked alot better. Sounds like Gizmo is settling in well. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year