help please asap

Moderator: Mods

trudy.thow

help please asap

Post by trudy.thow »

hi all my 7 week old indian ringneck had her first attempt at flying 4 days ago she made it about 15 cm off the ground and then fell to the mat she was weak and unable to move so we rested her in a tub to prevent climbing she is since still not able to walk and she is dragging her left leg when she tries to climb although when shes leaning against something she will put weight on both legs is it possibly a broken leg? or sprained? my vet is 2 1/2 hours away any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
sanjays mummi

Re: help please asap

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sorry, we are not vets, nor are we able to see her. Is she clipped? Because that's what it sounds like. Sanjay was just a week older when we got him, and could soar,you will definitely need to see your vet, as soon as possible.
Buddy4us

Post by Buddy4us »

Hey did that leg recover? Buddy had an incident with a cat. We where just in time to chase the cat away. The cat slipped in by the door as we went out. Buddy survived with no harm done except his left leg. Same symptoms as you mentioned he drags the leg with and only applies weight if he is standing on or in the cage and on your hand. We took him to the vet and they gave him a injection but it did not help very much. He is starting to look better but we are very worried that he might not recover completely.
Born: 6 October 2014 South Africa
MissK

Post by MissK »

I have no answers but I share your concern. Was there Xray?
-MissK