baby got stuck

Moderator: Mods

aliyaamelia

baby got stuck

Post by aliyaamelia »

Just a heads up!

I have these little plastic netballs with a bell inside that i normally let my 5 month old cookie play with during the day.
Today i had to leave cookie alone for almost a whole day and when i got back i found that she had broke the plastic net ball and got the metal bell out and bit it so it got badly stuck on the tip of her beak. It was stuck really really hard and the poor thing was really scared, she hadnt been able to eat :( i had to bend the bell open with a screwdriver to get it of. Luckily i got it of after a long time of trying. And im happy that my cookie is tame enough to let me handle her in such a way and not freak out completely. She was a hero. If she was a scared little one this would have been an almost impossible task.

So if anyone else have given these toys to their bird. Dont leave them alone with it. Mine are going in the bin.

(Says it cant attach the pic i have otherwise i would have shown a pic )
Melika

Re: baby got stuck

Post by Melika »

aliyaamelia wrote:Just a heads up!

I have these little plastic netballs with a bell inside that i normally let my 5 month old cookie play with during the day.
Today i had to leave cookie alone for almost a whole day and when i got back i found that she had broke the plastic net ball and got the metal bell out and bit it so it got badly stuck on the tip of her beak. It was stuck really really hard and the poor thing was really scared, she hadnt been able to eat :( i had to bend the bell open with a screwdriver to get it of. Luckily i got it of after a long time of trying. And im happy that my cookie is tame enough to let me handle her in such a way and not freak out completely. She was a hero. If she was a scared little one this would have been an almost impossible task.

So if anyone else have given these toys to their bird. Dont leave them alone with it. Mine are going in the bin.

(Says it cant attach the pic i have otherwise i would have shown a pic )
Thanks for the reminder! Anything that your IRN can chew through like this can be dangerous unsupervised. I stopped giving the whiffle balls in the cage once I saw Hane could rip bits of the plastic off!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay