Tablets

Moderator: Mods

Niffarious

Tablets

Post by Niffarious »

Does anyone else let their IRN play/interact with a tablet?

Ankaa kept getting agitated when I was using mine, and charged it a few times. She really quickly realized her beak/tongue caused a response. Pretty soon she was scrolling and, especially on FB, opening images/videos.

So I downloaded a Fisher Price game for babies where some animals sort of bounce around and can be dragged around the screen etc. It only took her a few minutes to realize she could play with it.

Right now I'm having screaming issues with her...compounded by the fact that she is overly attached to me and hormonal. It is sometimes hard to distract her with other things (toys, foraging toys, food) but she responds to the tablet game almost instantly.

Is there a downside to using this is a distraction/source of entertainment for her?
Donovan

Re: Tablets

Post by Donovan »

YES

In my case it's a cell phone. I made a long playlist of bird videos on youtube for my bird to see during the day while i was at work. And sometimes I would show him the videos on my cell phone.

Well over time he became possessive over my cellphone to the point that he is defensive of it. If I am holding my cell he comes to me. If I aim it at him to take a picture he attacks.

I got a new phone and gave him my old one which was kinda fun because i'll start that playlist and he'll start displaying to certain birds that he likes on it.. other birds he bites at until the video ends.. and usually his touching ends up moving the youtube clips to something completely non-bird related. That's when he gets bored and takes the back off of the phone and removes the battery.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Only bird people would read the sentence "gave him my old one" and find it to be a valid and completely sane thing to do :lol:
~Dana

MissK

Post by MissK »

Only bird people might suspect Donovan got a new phone SO THAT he could give Mr. Bell his old one....
Tell the truth, Don; you're among friends.
:lol:
-MissK
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

:lol:
~Dana

Niffarious

Post by Niffarious »

Haha, well in my case she is not being shown other birds and so far does not seem defensive or territorial in regards to it. She is utterly fascinated by any movement on the screen.

I tried to take videos, but she hates my phone and camera the best I could get was a few seconds before she turned around to confront the camera. She's caught on that she can use her beak and tongue to play with the characters and gets really excited when she manages to drag them around.

http://youtu.be/VLXbvn_kYZM