OMG OMG Need to know now!

Moderator: Mods

pards007

OMG OMG Need to know now!

Post by pards007 »

Ok, maybe a bit overboard on the subject line. Our IR "Storm" is exactly 3 weeks old today. We were told it should be (in all likely hood) a violet or deep violet with the off chance of blue). We are so anxious to find out the color of our IR so.......at what age should we be able to tell?

Storm kinda looks violetish but they all look like that this young, don't they?

I have two days until I can start posting...so sorry but as soon as I hit that mark I'll put em up there, got em loaded and ready in photobucket :)
Donovan

Re: OMG OMG Need to know now!

Post by Donovan »

If no one answers this question.. go to the mutations section or the breeders section and ask again or do a search for 'babies' or 'chicks' 'age' etc.. anything that might by chance answer your question.

i suspect that information is already on the forum somewhere.... either way.. it's a lot easier to ask :P
MissK

Post by MissK »

Pards, in the immortal words of my pal at work, "Simmer down, little teapot!".
:lol:
Chill out already. Miles to go before you sleep and all.
-MissK
pards007

Post by pards007 »

lol fair enough, all my kids are bugging me every day and I'm not gonna lie, I'm hyped as well. Someday I might try my hand at breeding they really are beautiful birds and fairly easy to rear. Many moons ago, when I was a young strapping lad, I had a few cockatiels that gave me eggs for a few years and boy was that a pain in the arse (well it actually became a pain for my dad).

Anywho, I will continue on until then, two days until I can post pics anyway.
pards007

Post by pards007 »

So here is the link to the photobucket of our IR Storm. We got him/her at 10 days and is now 22 days old. Mom and Dad were both SF violets. We are hoping for a violet but will love him/her violet or not. Any thoughts on the color?

http://s1046.photobucket.com/user/pards007/library/
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Hi there, your little baby is a Blue :)
pards007

Post by pards007 »

Thanks Sheyd, our family was split on color choice half wanting blue the other half violet. I guess we will see the final look as time goes by. I love these birds so I may try my hand at getting a pair next year (big who knows). I'll post more as more feathers come in. Storm is eating like a pig now with 15cc's a feading. Almost time to get the temp cage and order the final cage! SSSooooo exciting.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

No problems, Blue is a lovely colour- see my avatar :) You had a 1/4 chance of getting one from that pairing.
pards007

Post by pards007 »

Yeah we were told that going into it, next up is DNA in a few weeks. The parents of the mother are silver-turquoise and albino, father's side parents unknown.
pards007

Post by pards007 »

Maybe too young still but what color besides garden variety blue would you call this? Not a color wheel expert on IRNs so when people ask me I just say in the blue family. I took two outside one in shade and one in sunlight. I did the hue / sat thing but it looks pink to me (hence kinda blue lol). Any name I can put to this? Much appreciated. Doesn't look like Shey's blue.

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Hi again..

Your little one is just a normal Blue. If he's a male he'll get a nice bright head at maturity (like my avatar)

enjoy :)
pards007

Post by pards007 »

Thanks again Shey, hopefully he/she will look more blue as they get older. Just tired of people saying, "Well he doesn't really look blue". I'll just tell them go to the experts on the IRN forums :D