RiSi getting bald

Moderator: Mods

Desai

RiSi getting bald

Post by Desai »

Recently RiSi started loosing feathers and I noticed that he is a bit bald on the head and right side area of his beak. Also, reduced his food intake. What can be the reason? Is it serious? I am in Saudi ARabia and looking for a proper vet.

Please advise. I am worried.

Desai
Donovan

Re: RiSi getting bald

Post by Donovan »

Maybe change his water source if possible.
MissK

Post by MissK »

If RiSi happens to be in the same cage with another bird he should be moved to his own cage. Also good luck finding a vet!
-MissK
Desai

Post by Desai »

RiSi is alone. In fact I am advised by so many people to find one female as companion. Is it advisable? and will RiSi accept her? Please advise.
MissK

Post by MissK »

My advise would be to stabilize the situation with the bird you have before thinking of getting another.

As far as adding a companion in general, there are others who have a male and female who can advise better. There are some issues in keeping the females that are different from keeping the males. You cannot simply get a female and cage her with the one you already have. You might never be able to cage them together. Keeping a pair has its own set of issues you would be well advised to thoroughly consider before taking action.
-MissK