birds bathing in winter urgent help

Moderator: Mods

barkha alisha

birds bathing in winter urgent help

Post by barkha alisha »

heloo guys i have 2 pet birds theirs no question there are ringnecks the problem is that i have studiet a lot about parrots bathe because i gave my birds a trael of water and they ran away i`ve learnt a lot about it but the problem is that THERE IS WINTER so any one knows how to give a birds winter bath eazily without buying any thing bcz of they smell like paper and i want to give them bath in spray shower but THE WINTER and when i try to put a bowl of water in their cage they grab their one end and pour all of the water down my birds also dont like to stay on tabel would plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help i am trying to trainig them to stay on table and they improved well but still they`ve not fond of water so help guys i know you guys answer me the best plz help :cry:
MissK

Re: birds bathing in winter urgent help

Post by MissK »

Hi. First, make sure it's not too cold in your house where your birds are. Then you give them a pan of water that is too heavy for them to tip over, and not very deep. Likely, the biggest problem is that they are concerned about the container, not the water. Shallow baking pans are good for this, but if you give it to the birds you may not want it in your kitchen again.

You can start by giving them this pan with no water in it for a week or two. Put things in the pan that the birds like, such as treats and toys. When the birds have no problem being scared of the pan, you can clean it and put in one centimeter of water and a small favourite toy or a leaf. Eventually, they will go in the pan they already know to get their toy, and they will get to know the water.

Try this method for a while. Be sure to wash the pan every day. Not only is that for cleanliness, but also if bacteria is allowed to grow in the water, the pan may get slippery and become a safety hazard. Let us know how it goes along. Also be sure to change the paper in the cage every day. You could well be smelling the cage and not the birds. Also, if the environment is humid, clean paper just sitting around may have a smell.
-MissK
barkha alisha

Post by barkha alisha »

you helped me alot thank you soo much but i dont even know what kind of pan is it can you send me a pic of pan
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi. Where I live, "pan" a just a term for a large, shallow bowl kind of dish and frequently carries a connotation of something we use for cooking in the oven. I suggest this because it may be large enough to accommodate the bird and heavy enough to not tip over.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/calp ... -|cNdQIMkc

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cookie-sh ... _a_7c26437

http://www.oneida.com/food-preparation/ ... -pans.html
-MissK
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Hallo Barkha Alisha you could try a dog bowl, the stainless steel ones are best they are specially shaped not to tip over, but do not be suprised that birds in winter do not bathe very often. My Alexandrine hen likes the air temp to be above 75 for bathing although she will often bathe in very cold bath water. And only once a week.
barkha alisha

Post by barkha alisha »

thank you missk now i know that