Issues with 6 wk. old baby irn hand feeding!

Moderator: Mods

at765

Issues with 6 wk. old baby irn hand feeding!

Post by at765 »

Ok I've never had these issues b4 but my 6 wk. Female is just being a lil poop lol she isn't wanting to eat formula, cereal, or baby food but won't eat anything else offered. Soft foods, fruits not even apples. I hate trying to force feed her but don't want her starving. Any advice? Thanks so much!
Donovan

Re: Issues with 6 wk. old baby irn hand feeding!

Post by Donovan »

If you don't get a response to this... ask again within 24 hours.... This is a very active forum full of experienced breeders, hand feeders, and pet owners.. In the meantime you need to search the forum and see if you can some indicators.
Melika

Re: Issues with 6 wk. old baby irn hand feeding!

Post by Melika »

Sounds like she's preparing for flight. She's entered a phase and is a now a "fledgling". Young birds preparing for flight often begin refusing meals so they can lose some weight. Please explore this section of the forum for more information: http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

The sticky up top in that section (about hand-feeding and weaning) will also contain useful information and links.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay