Need help advice

Moderator: Mods

zabair

Need help advice

Post by zabair »

Ok so i have 2 Bonded IRN and my question is when to feed them and how much... Ive been filling up there tray the whole day and letting them eat when they like but a friwnd told me not to so that they know how much to eat, when to eat and it helps for taming because they know i deliver the food...

If this is the case can someone tell me what time of day to give there 3 meals (i heard it should be 3) and how much to place in the bowl (both of the birds in same cage in one cage and 6 months old)

Also they is 2 bowls for food and should i place it in both or just one they have no proplem sharing but are abit scared to eat from the lower one

Have had for 1 week

Thanks in advance
Donovan

Re: Need help advice

Post by Donovan »

they should have food available all the time.. for snacking basically... they should have a full blown supper time where they get real food... and for training purposes you should determine their very favorite food and consider it a special treat and basically make them perform to receive that treat
zabair

Post by zabair »

What time to feed there main meal and how much plz...
Melika

Post by Melika »

zabair wrote:What time to feed [their] main meal and how much [please]...
Both of these will have to come from your observation. What time do your birds seem to eat the most? That is the time you would feed the most. How much? However much they will eat. Take time and observe them and you will be able to figure out what they want. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
lethalfire

Post by lethalfire »

Forgive me if you stated this and I have missed it, but where are the birds located? Are they where they can see you all the time? If they are, as long as you eat on a halfway normal schedule I have noticed that our birds usually eat when we eat. So if you wanted to give them their meals right before you sit down to eat I am sure that would be fine.

I agree they should have access to pellets or some type of food at all times just incase.