Seed Mix {PIC HEAVY}

Moderator: Mods

AlphaWolf

Seed Mix {PIC HEAVY}

Post by AlphaWolf »

Hello everyone,
I would like Aero to have the best seed mix available in my area. Ok so the first seed mix that I bought was Kiki Excellent, put I wasn't sure of the quality. So I decide to move to Trill Parrot which was a big failure. I have noticed that the pieces were very small, much smaller than the previous one. I also observed that Aero didn't touch most of the seeds. As Aero doesn't eat a lot (?) of his seed mix I keep it in the bowl for 3 days. So today was the last day and the packet nearly ran out. I fed Aero his apple and realised that he was searching the floor for food. So added some more of the bigger Trill pieces and he jumped straight away and started eating, something he never does. So that got me thinking that this brand made the seed too small or something. So the majority of brands that my local pet shop has is the brand Verseles-Laga (makers of the Nutribird pellets). I noticed that there was this mix made and probably intended for AUSTRALIA PARROTS. What do you think, shall I use it. Will a cockatiel mix work? I'am leaving for the pet shop in a couple of hours, so it would be nice for you to point me in the right direction.

These pictures are a comparation of the two seed mixes I used: The bigger KIKI on the bottom and Trill on the top.

Previous Seed Mix:

Australian Seed Mix:

Cockatiel Seed Mix:

Sorry for the large size of the pics!
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
Melika

Re: Seed Mix {PIC HEAVY}

Post by Melika »

I fine Hane prefers the larger seeds, with the exception of millet sprays. I think he's just lazy and doesn't want to spend time on little seeds. ;)
My cockatiel has a hard time with anything larger than a sunflower seed- actually took her years to eat a sunflower seed.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay