Cages (with play gyms)

Moderator: Mods

084bar

Cages (with play gyms)

Post by 084bar »

I have made my Peanut cages paly gyms.......

Full view of Peanut cage (home)

close up of Peanut on cage

Peanut enjoying his/she play gym

Peanut already destroyed the ladder (office cage) comes with me to work
Regards
Barbara

Another Indian ringneck lover and Peanut

MissK

Re: Cages (with play gyms)

Post by MissK »

Hi. I did not respond to your other thread, but now that I see the cage, I can. I believe that your cage is too small to expect Peanut to share with another bird. While it is really up to the birds involved (if they will get along nicely or not), I think it is asking too much to put them in there together. Regardless, you would not want to just bring a new bird in to share another bird's cage, unless the cage were a very large one, many times the size of the cage Peanut uses now.

For a little perspective, think how you would feel if you were asked to live in just your bedroom and share it with a stranger who liked all your favourite things as much as you do and wanted to use them all the time.

I love to see photos of how people have arranged their cages and play areas. Yours are very creative. I especially like the one in the plant pot at the office. :)

I would like to suggest you give Peanut some additional toys that are meant to be destroyed. One of our forum members gives her bird toys made of popsicle sticks, which he loves. I give my bird small wood blocks, toys made of dried grasses, and (the simplest toy in the world) a clean jute cord with bits of cardboard strung on it.

Peanut certainly is a pretty bird.
-MissK
084bar

Post by 084bar »

Thanks very much for you help, did not think of that and I have add more toys... the one with the pot plant pop sticks has been destroyed and replaced already... Love pot sticks

Sorry the photo are a little old need to update them.... I have put more peaches into the African grey cage and add a lot of toys, he also has a toy box that fill with toys e.g. blocks, rings and so on so he can play with and move them around. I have also add brown bags with toys and treats in them but has not yet learned to rip up for the treat... he love to rip paper just not the brown bag. Peanut only go into his cage when he wants to and that at night when he sleeps. I am so happy that I have asked before I got the second bird because I did not think of stuff like that and only want the best for my little Peanut

Just one more question, where will I find a list of what foods IRN can and can't eat? more of the can't Because I live with my mother-in-law and some day she looks after him and she asked me for a list and I don't know how to come up with one. I know there are a few big NO NO's like avocado, chocolate and alcohol what we all, and I am looking for some different food to feed

Thanks and sorry for so many questions.......
Regards
Barbara

MissK

Post by MissK »

Please do a search about the feeding. There's a sticky in the behaviour section on how to search, if you need a little instruction. There have been a lot of feeding discussions.
-MissK
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Barbara

You do have a beautiful bird there! You've also created a lovely playstand. Welcome to the forum.

I'm going to move your threads of the African Ringneck area into other sections. The "African Ringnecks" section is for people who have African Ringnecks, not people who have Indian Ringnecks but are living in Africa. I hope that makes sense. From the pictures I think your bird is an Indian Ringneck, not an African Ringneck (see http://www.parrotfeather.com/asiatics/africanringnecks/) but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Once again, welcome!

Ellie.
084bar

Post by 084bar »

Thanks for bring that to my attention, I have made a new topic, and attached a photo of Peanut next to a ruler, if that would help. Tell me if IRN or ARN
Regards
Barbara

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I think African Ringnecks usually have grey beaks but that may not be true of all colour mutations?