Beds and bedding

Moderator: Mods

Caitrose96

Beds and bedding

Post by Caitrose96 »

I want to give my bird the best cage possible, he doesn't spend much time in it whch is good, however he does sleep in there. When i bought him i got him off a breeder who said that IRN's may like beds instead of perches, so like little hammock type things that you put in the cage, or a wooden box with a solid ground rather than a perch. Does anyone use things such as these? Right now i just have a few perches for him to sleep on, but if these are a better option i'll get him one of these! :mrgreen:
Melika

Re: Beds and bedding

Post by Melika »

For this purpose I would rather go with a platform/shelf/patio perch than any of the cloth/fleece huts. Both boxes and the sleeping huts can encourage breeding behaviors which isn't what you want to encourage in a pet bird.

There have been some horror stories also with the fleece/cloth huts involving loose threads around limbs/necks or the ingestion of contents, so perhaps this is another reason I steer clear of those.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
MissK

Re: Beds and bedding

Post by MissK »

My bird has expressed he will prefer whatever is highest. Once his travel cage sleep perch fell (was pushed?) down and when I came for a look I discovered he had been sleeping with one foot on the side of the cage and the other grasping a cord toy hanging rope. In a corner. What a great silly!
-MissK