IRN Diet & Housing

Moderator: Mods

metodst

IRN Diet & Housing

Post by metodst »

I will soon be getting a 3 month old blue Indian Ringneck (hand raised) and am wondering what would be the proper diet for him/her. I currently have a 10 month old Indian Ringneck male (not tamed), and am also wondering if it would be alright to put them in the same cage after a while of getting used to each others.

And if this cage would be recommendable for two Indian Ringnecks:
(Unfortunately, I can't post the link, but if you can search for it on petco. com it is the Petco Designer Mink Brown Standing Parrot Cage)
ranechild

Re: IRN Diet & Housing

Post by ranechild »

My baby is 3 months old, too. Well plus a couple of weeks...
I am feeding mine fresh fruits and veggies like kale, carrots, peas, snow peas, radishes, cucumber, green beans, corn, apple, mango, grapes, strawberries, etc...
For protein he gets scrambled egg, pistachios, and seed (sunflower and others).
I give him cream of wheat, noodles, rice, pasta, tortilla, bread in small quantities.
He also gets millet and pellets in his cage.
I have on my list of things to feed him: peppers (sweet and hot), other greens (chard, mustard, collard, cabbage), broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kholrabi, sweet potato/yam, beets, turnips, rutabaga, lima beans, edamame, black beans, black eye peas, garlic scapes, squashes, quinoa, other grains, chick peas, lentils, pecans, walnuts, raspberries, currants, peaches, apricots, oranges, grapefruit, blueberries, cherries, nectarines, plums, uh I'm sure I'll come up with more :)
That was a good exercise to think about all the different things I've tried, what I have yet to try, and now I should go back and clarify what he *likes*
metodst

Re: IRN Diet & Housing

Post by metodst »

Thanks for replying, all of what you recommend sounds nice and should be fun combining and mixing up the fruits and veggies for my 3 month old IRN.
I should also give my 10 month old IRN some of that too.
What type of pellets would you recommend?