whats a good cage mate?

Moderator: Mods

clp0630

whats a good cage mate?

Post by clp0630 »

My ring neck is 8 weeks old. I would like to find him a cage mate but not sure of what species would be good. I would like to find something on the quite side as he is very quite. Any ideas? I've been doing a lot of research but still not sure. I'm not really wanting another ring neck. Wo
uld like something more cuddly.
taywer321

Re: whats a good cage mate?

Post by taywer321 »

Conures are more cuddly than ringnecks I believe, and my sun conures get along well for the most part with my ringneck, however they do not share a cage, so I don't know how that would go. It would just take time for them to get acquainted before being housed together. It's best to do it while your ringneck is still young.
clp0630

Post by clp0630 »

Thanks...does anyone know if a Quaker would be a good match.
Dean0

Post by Dean0 »

The breeder I got my irn from had a Quaker as a cage mate and they got along well. Quakers are a lot like irn's in personality though. Maybe too much so.
Just another bird brain
clp0630

Post by clp0630 »

I've been trying to find something sweet.. my IRN doesn't seem to want much to do with me. I play with him/her daily. I think its going through bluffy right now. Kind of evil right now. But I can still hold him/her. I'm hoping to have a sweet bird after this stage. :(.